How to Record with the Panopto Mobile App (iPhone)
Note: You will only be able to record and upload videos if you have Creator access to Panopto.
Additional Note: This process is for recordings under 10-minutes in duration.
- Download the Panopto app from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. Note: Please be sure to download "Panopto", not "Panopto (Legacy)".
- Login to the Panopto app using your Pepperdine email address and select "Next" to complete the login process.
- After logging in, you will be asked to "Please Choose a Site", and here you'll select "pepperdine.hosted.panopto.com".
- Next, enter your Network ID and Password and you will be directed to the app's homepage.
- Click the "Circle Plus + Icon" in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- A pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of your screen, select "Upload and Record".
- The "Upload and Record" window will appear, and here you will select the folder you want to record your video to from the drop down menu (see screenshot below).
- Next, click "Tap to Record or Upload a Video", and then select "Take Video".
- Click the "Record" button to begin your recording.
- When you are done recording, select "Stop" and you will have the option to "Retake" or "Use Video".
- When you're satisfied with your recording, select "Use Video" and your video will begin to upload and process. Note: It is important that you stay on this screen until your upload(s) are complete.
- A "green check mark" will appear next to the video once the upload is complete.
- To change the name of the recording, simply tap on the device-provided name in the window as shown in the screenshot below and type in the desired name.
- Once your upload is complete, your video will appear in its assigned folder.
- Learn more about how to navigate and use Panopto's mobile application.
- How to Publish Videos Using the Availability Workflow
- How to Publish Videos Using the Approval Workflow
- Panopto Recording with MAC in Courses
- Panopto Recording with PC in Courses