Pepperdine Esports focuses on a holistic approach to collegiate esports to promote a philosophy of wellbeing through Game-Life balance, character development, and mentorship.
Our teams within Pepperdine Esports include: League of Legends, Overwatch, Valorant,
and Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Our teams practice on high-quality gaming PCs and
consoles in the Genesis Lab, the Maker's Space, located on the second floor of Payson
Library conveniently located on main campus.
The Pepperdine Esports teams hold co-ed rosters of about five-eight athletes per team. Each practices two-three times per week led by the head coach and/or team captain. Practices are held typically in the Genesis Lab or remotely.
Participation in team practices and meetings are important aspects of team membership and further enhance team camaraderie tremendously.
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Team
Players on our competitive teams are supported by passionate coaches and administrative
staff and can expect an exciting year of collegiate competition. Notable other features
of our program: personalized jerseys, features in Pepperdine Esports streaming and
video content, experience in the esports and gaming industry, and chances to practice
leadership both in and out of game.
If you would like to donate to our Esports teams, please go to Esports - Pepperdine Crowdfunding.
Contact and Connect
- Director of Campus Recreation and Esports: Robb Bolton
- Coordinator of Recreational Sports - Julian Baker
- Head Coach, League of Legends - Jonathan Friedrich
- Head Coach, Super SMASH Ultimate - Kia Dargahi
- Head Coach, Valorant - Vacant
- Head Coach, Overwatch 2 - Vacant
- Social Media and Marketing Manager - Juli Wagner
- Socia Media and Marketing Manager - Joey Darvish
- Xulian Garcia-Ramos - League of Legends
- Ray Truter - Super SMASH Ultimate
- Juli Wagner - Overwatch
- Brian Wagner - Valorant