The Pepperdine Club Surf team competes in the National Scholastic Surfing Association (NSSA). The team competes throughout the fall and spring in regional tournaments followed by State & National Championships every year. Practices are typically at Zuma Beach, but we love chasing a good wave too!
The Pepperdine Club Surf Team holds a roster of about 10-15 surfers. We practice at least once a week with our coach and our athletes often catch waves on their own time.
- Our competition roster consists of six male short boarders, two women's short boarders, and a longboarder (any gender).
- Practice attendance and an overall commitment to the club are factors for competition rosters.
- October 22-23, 2022: Blacks @ San Diego
- December 9-10, 2022: The Lane @ Santa Cruz
- January 28-29, 2023: Tower 3 @ Huntington Beach
- March 3-5, 2023: Seaside Reef @ Cardiff by the Sea
- 5th place finish by junior shortboarder, Jake Vandenburg!
- June 16-18, 2023: Salt Creek @ Dana Point
- Finished sixth out of 30 universities in the 2021-2022 season for the highest team finish in the club's history
- 2018, 2019: Cayla Moore won back-to-back College Women's Titles at NSSA Nationals
- 2018: Ben Tran placed fourth in College Men's Longboard at NSSA Nationals
Contact and Connect
- Jake Vandenburg
- Noelle Alderton
- Natalie Alderton