Hey Pepperdine Students and Prospective Waves!
Here is some information about the new Competitive Pepperdine Surf Team.
Some things we have going on in our 2018-2019 season are:
- Tryouts during fall and spring semesters - dates for Spring tryouts To Be Announced
- Compete in the 2018-2019 NSSA Southwest College Team Division
- Compete in the 2019 NSSA State College Championships
- Compete in the 2019 NSSA National Interscholastic College Championships
The competitive Pepperdine Surf Team consists of 6 men short boarders, 2 women's short boarders, and a longboarder.
One must be able to surf at an advanced level to be selected during tryouts for the team and will then be eligible to compete in the NSSA Collegiate League.
The 2018-2019 NSSA California College Team Schedule
- October 27-28 Blacks Beach, San Diego
- November 10-11 Seaside Reef, Cardiff by the Sea
- December 1-2 Steamer Lane, Santa Cruz
- January 26-27 Tower 3, Huntington Beach
- February 2-3 C-Street, Ventura
- March 1-3 Seaside Reef, Cardiff by the Sea - State Championships
- June 15-17 Salt Creek, Dana Point - National Championships
Practices and Other Events:
Practice times and location depends on the swell and conditions. Practices will be four times a week:
Tuesday/Friday 6:30-8:30 AM and Wednesday/Thursday 9:00-11:00 AM
Practices are for surf team members only and there will be guest coaching during certain dated TBD.
Head Coach Takuji Masuda and Coach Anthony Petruso
Guest coaches include Brett Simpson, Didier Piter, Dan Ross, and more!
Contact us if you're interested in joining the Pepperdine Competitive Surf Team! Whether you are already attending Pepperdine or are a prospective wave, feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions. Can't wait to hear from you!
Cayla Moore and Arseniy Matveev