Self-Care and Positive Coping
What You Should Know
- Engaging in regular self-care and positive coping practices increases physical and emotional well-being.
- Self-care is for EVERYONE, regardless of how you are getting on emotionally.
- Using positive coping strategies now will help decrease the impacts of stress in the
present and the future.
Things You Can Try
- Self-Care Assessment — Are you practicing self-care in the important areas of your life?
- RiSE Resilience Assessment — Provided by Pepperdine's Resilience-Informed Skills Education Program. Use this tool to understand what practices you currently do maintain self-care and identify next steps and a follow-up plan for wellness.
- Lifestyle Behaviors Worksheet — How are you currently coping with stress in your life?
- ABC's of Self-Care — A list of self-care practices.
- A Simple Trick to Improve Positive Thinking — Alison Ledgerwood explains an easy step that we can employ each day to improve our wellbeing and overall mental health.
- How to Cope with Anxiety — A great video that describes everyday anxiety, anxiety disorders, and positive coping mechanisms.
- Professor Smith's Video on Self-Care and Positive Coping — Pepperdine Professor Angela Smith, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, hosts a weekly topic talk.
- 3 Top Self Care Tips: Create Balance & Enjoy Your Life — An explanation of self-care and tips on what you can easily do to implement self-care as part of your daily routine!
- Simple Self Care Podcast — "A podcast dedicated to simplifying the healing journey by aligning your self-care practices with your own inner wisdom and through the natural cycles outside and within."
- Untangle — Produced by the people behind the Meditation Studio app, these episodes focus on how to reduce stress, slow down, and feel peace and calmness.
- The Happiness Lab — Great shorter episodes that discuss the science of happiness and well-being.
- Not Another Anxiety Show — A podcast focused on all types of anxiety: what it is, how it presents itself in normal times as well as during crisis, and how to cope/manage it.