Be Part of the Solution
Pepperdine recognizes the power of the bystander in preventing sexual assault and all forms of sexual misconduct. Pepperdine's Step UP! campaign is a bystander intervention program and university-wide initiative that educates members of the Pepperdine community to be proactive in helping each other. Specific to sexual assault, Step UP! trainings equip students to:
1) Identify scenarios that may lead to sexual assault
2) Know how to intervene
3) Respond appropriately to friends who have been victimized
4) Know campus and community resources
Pepperdine is also a member of It's On Us, an education-based campaign focused on sexual assault awareness and prevention on college campuses. We believe it truly is on all of us to prevent sexual violence in our community and we invite our students, staff, and faculty to take the It's On Us Pledge, which includes the following four tenants:
1) To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
2) To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault may occur.
3) To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
4) To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
If you would like to be involved in sexual assault awareness and prevention campaigns and programs at Pepperdine, please contact the counseling center at (310) 506-4210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.