What You Should Know
- Mindfulness is paying attention in the present moment, on purpose, in a nonjudgmental way.
- Mindfulness is like a muscle, the more we practice, the more “in-shape” our mindful minds become, the more benefits we will feel and experience.
- Research has shown that mindfulness can decrease stress, improve focus, learning,
relationship satisfaction, empathy, patience, decision-making, and more!
Things You Can Try
- The Power of Mindfulness: What You Practice Grows Stronger
- Why Mindfulness Is a Superpower
- Body Scan — A body scan practice facilitated by the man who brought mindfulness practices into modern psychology! Intended to bring attention to what the body is feeling.
- Untangle Podcast — A podcast that includes interviews with the people who are shaping the way that we see mindfulness today. Includes many 15-30 minute long meditations, try the SOS Calm ones for increased relaxation!
- Meditation Minis Podcast by Chel Hamilton — 10 minute meditations for dealing with stress, sleep, anxiety, and confidence!
- UCLA Free Guided Meditations — Covers a wide range of topics, including breathing, working with difficulties, and loving kindness.
- Eight Weeks to a Better Brain
- What are the Benefits of Mindfulness?