Spring 2020 New Student Orientation
About On-Campus New Student Orientation
On-Campus New Student Orientation is a program intentionally designed to introduce incoming students to the programs, services, and resources they will need to begin a successful graduate school experience. The program will include important information about academics, student activities, student services, global programs, and more. Graziadio Business School staff and faculty will be available throughout the program to answer your questions.
All new students are required to attend the full duration of the On-Campus New Student Orientation and are expected to plan their arrival to campus accordingly. International students and others traveling from far distances are strongly encouraged to arrive 24-48 hours prior to the orientation start date to ensure ample time for adjustment and preparation. In all cases, On-Campus New Student Orientation activities will begin on the morning of the start dates indicated below.
On-Campus New Student Orientation dates and locations vary by program and are scheduled as follows:
|Full-Time Program||2020 New Student Orientation Dates and Locations||Schedule|
MS in Global Business
MS in Applied Finance
- The Drescher Graduate Campus is located on the main Pepperdine University campus at 24255 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, CA 90263. Parking will be available in Lot S, T, or V. When arriving at the Malibu Campus, tell the Public Safety officer in the guard booth that you are a new student arriving for orientation, and you will be directed where to park or where your driver should drop you off.
Things to Remember
- New student orientation is intended for students only - no guests, please.
- Attire for orientation is business casual.
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided on Monday, January 6. A continental breakfast and snacks will be provided on Tuesday, January 7. If you have severe dietary restrictions (we will have vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options available at each meal), please contact Student Engagement and Success at (310) 506-4814.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the closest international airport to Pepperdine.
A variety of local, independent transportation services are available from the airport. Please visit the suggested websites listed below to book directly with the vendor of your choice.
Free On-Campus Shuttle
- The on-campus Waves Shuttle (Orange Route) will pick you up at the Drescher Campus and provide transportation to a variety of Malibu campus locations.
- View the shuttle schedule here or download the Pepperdine Mobile App, click on "Shuttle Tracker," click the menu on the top left and click "Select All Routes." You will now be able to see the active shuttle icons in real time.
- Shopping Shuttle –Monday through Saturday during the academic year, four daily shopping shuttles provide transportation from the Malibu campus to local Malibu shops and grocery stores. For shuttle pick up locations and schedules, visit the Transit Services page.
Off-Campus Housing Guide
Students who are interested in securing off-campus housing in the area can find helpful search and location tips from current full-time students by viewing the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School 2020 Off-Campus Housing Guide.
The Arrival Guide is a handbook to aid in your arrival to the US and Pepperdine. It was created by various members from across the greater Pepperdine community to help new international students find answers to important questions.
For more helpful tips on acclimating to Pepperdine, visit the Office of International Student Services.