Online Course Request
Online courses are primarily intended for students enrolled in online programs at the Graziadio School. Students enrolled in on-ground programs may be granted access into an online course on a space-available basis. Requests are individually reviewed by the Program Office, and approval is not guaranteed. To ensure that your desired online course aligns with your overall program completion plan, please consult your program advisor prior to submitting your request.
Online Course Availability
- BSM students: BSCI 468 must be taken in the on-ground format
- MBA students: BSCI 650/651 must be taken in the on-ground format
- MSML students: online options only exist for ISTM 654, OTMT 617, and OTMT 670
Please note for Spring '18, we will not be able to accommodate requests for the online sections of ISTM 654. We do not anticipate having spaces available in this course.
- Work-related (e.g., relocation, travel demands)
- Military duty
- Personal medical/family care (e.g. birth/adoption of a child or extended care of a family member)
- Lack of availability of an on-ground section of the desired course, causing a delay in the student's program completion timeline
Expectations for Online Learning
- If your request is approved and it is your first time enrolling in an online course at Graziadio, you must complete an online technology orientation. Students who fail to complete the orientation by the specified deadline will automatically be dropped from the online course in which they were enrolled.
- Online courses are taught using a combination of asynchronous (self-paced) learning activities and virtual synchronous interactions (VSI) in real time. Students are expected to participate in both realms.
- The VSI schedule for each course is determined by the instructor and will be provided in the course syllabus.
- Questions about the VSI schedule and/or potential conflicts should be discussed directly with the course instructor.
Request Timeline for Spring 2018 Course Enrollment