Online Course Request
Online courses are primarily intended for students enrolled in online programs at the Graziadio Business School. Students enrolled in on-ground programs may be granted access into an online course on a space-available basis. Requests are individually reviewed by the Program Office, and approval is not guaranteed. To ensure that your desired online course aligns with your overall program completion plan, please consult your program advisor prior to submitting your request.
Students enrolled in a campus-based program are limited to completing a maximum of one-third of their graduate program in the online format. Thereafter, students will need to transfer to the online program.
Online Course Availability
- BSM students: BSCI 468 must be taken in the on-ground format.
- MBA students: BSCI 650/651 must be taken in the on-ground format and request can be made for only courses offered in the Online MBA program.
- MSML students: BSCI 650/651, OTMT 672 & OTMT 679 must be taken in the on-ground format and requests can only be made for courses offered in the Online MSML Program.
- MSHR students: BSCI 650/651 must be taken in the on-ground format and requests can only be made for courses offered in the Online MSHR Program.
Substantiating Your Request
- Work-related (e.g., relocation, travel demands)
- Military duty
- Personal medical/family care (e.g. birth/adoption of a child or extended care of a family member)
- Lack of availability of an on-ground section of the desired course, causing a delay in the student's program completion timeline
Expectations for Online Learning
All campus-based students enrolled in an online course will be automatically enrolled in an asynchronous technology orientation module to familiarize you with 2PEP. The orientation module will introduce you to the features of the platform along with tools that will be used in the new online environment. All students enrolled in an online course, including those who have previously completed an online orientation, must complete the online orientation within 2PEP. To ensure optimal preparation for the new learning management system, be sure to allocate 2-3 hours to complete the module prior to the deadline. Students who fail to complete the orientation by the specified deadline will automatically be dropped from the online course in which they were enrolled.
Live (synchronous) sessions are required instructional elements of every online class, and real time attendance and engagement is expected on a consistent basis. To ensure the fulfillment of all course objectives and deliverables, faculty may require attendance at certain live sessions without exception. In cases where an absence from a session has been approved by the instructor, you will be assigned work to demonstrate mastery of the required content. Failure to complete this work will impact your grade.
- Each live session will run for 90-minutes and be scheduled from either 5:15 to 6:45 PM or 7:00 to 8:30 PM (California Time).
- Questions about the live session schedule and/or potential conflicts should be discussed directly with the course instructor.
Request Timeline for Fall 2019 Course Enrollment
Students are eligible to submit the request form on/after their assigned priority registration date, which is located in the Student Center within WaveNet. Requests submitted by July 5, 2019, will receive a response the week of July 15, 2019. Late requests will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The final date to submit an online course request form for the Fall 2019 trimester is Friday, August 9, 2019.