What Does It Do?
Allows you to take attendance for your classes.
How You Can Use It:
- Take daily attendance for classes or events
- Privately share student attendance records for each student
- View overall statistics of student attendance
- Print either an attendance sheet or student sign-in sheet
- Add the "Attendance" tool, if not already done.
Click "Attendance" in the left tool menu.
- Click "Take Attendance Now." It will create a new attendance item for the current date and time.
- For each student, click the appropriate radio button (Present, Absent, Excused, etc.). The
tool auto-saves your attendance selections.
- TIP: Use the "Mark displayed students as" drop-down menu to quickly mark all students as "Present." You can then change the
status for students that are absent, late, etc. This is a real time saver!
- TIP: Use the "Mark displayed students as" drop-down menu to quickly mark all students as "Present." You can then change the status for students that are absent, late, etc. This is a real time saver!
- (Optional) Click the speech bubble icon to add a comment, such as "excused athletics event" or "great contribution to class discussion today." Click "Save" to record your comment for the student.
- To verify your selections, click the refresh icon next to the "Attendance Item Statistics" heading.
- Click the "Take Attendance" link at the top to return to the main menu.
- Click the "Student Overview" button in the menu at the top of the window.
- From here, you can observe the current statistics of student attendance since the
first recorded entry.
- Click "Settings" in the menu at the top of the tool window.
- Reorder labels by dragging and dropping. Click on the move icon (3-line icon) to
the right of each label to reposition them.
- (Optional) Deselect checkboxes to remove labels from listings.
- Click "Save Settings" at the bottom of the window to finish.