- Creator access to Panopto
Create a quiz
- Navigate to courses.pepperdine.edu and access the course site that hosts your recorded video.
- On the left navigation panel, click on the Panopto Tool.
- Hover over the hyperlink (the name of the video) that you would like to add a quiz to, and select "Edit."
- In the left navigation, select "Quizzes."
- Click in the timeline to navigate to the place in the video where you would like to insert a quiz. The red vertical line will indicate where the quiz will be added in the video.
- Select "Add a Quiz."
- A quiz window will appear in your secondary stream window where you can fill in the details for your quiz.
- Within the form, you can select the drop-down menu in the top right corner to show
different types of quiz questions. The quiz options include True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, and Fill In the Blank. The default is multiple choice.
- Multiple Choice: Gives you the option to have several answers present, but only one answer can be chosen as correct. When the option is first chosen, there will only be two answer fields. Another answer field can be added by clicking the "Add Answer..." button. You need to have the correct answer selected before adding another question. To remove an answer you can click on the "X" next to any of the answers.
- Fill In the Blank: Gives you the option to ask questions that require users to fill in answers to the question. The prompt will ask for the correct answer to be provided.
- Other quiz question types include True/False, which gives you the option to ask a True or False question. And Multiple Select, which gives you the option to have several answers present and more than one can be selected as correct. Note: when using multiple select, all correct answers must be selected by the viewer in order to be marked as a correct response.
- Once you are done with a question and want to add another one, click the "Add a Question" button at the bottom of the form.
- If you need to navigate to a different question in your quiz, you can use the "Back" and "Next" buttons at the bottom of the form.
- Once you have added all of your questions, click the "Done" button at the bottom of the form.
- You will then be directed to the "Options" page for this "Quiz." In this page, you can: