The Department of Transit Services is currently seeking to hire safe and service-oriented drivers.
Transit Services is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and secure environment while respecting the rights and dignity of individuals utilizing programs and facilities of Pepperdine University. This mission shall be accomplished within the constraints of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Drivers must be able to:
- Greet passengers in a warm and friendly manner
- Assist passengers on and off vans, which may include getting out of driver's seat and positioning step stools for passengers
- Load/unload ADA passengers
- Drive in a safe manner with or without passengers
- Obey the rules of the road at all times
- Follow instructions from Transit Services supervisors
Potential candidates must be in good standing with Pepperdine and uphold the University's mission.
To be eligible to drive a University vehicle, candidates must have held a US driver's license for at least a year, and may not exceed 1 point in 12 months, 2 points in 24 months, or 3 points in 36 months, and must not have had a major citation in the last 36 months. Examples of major citations include, but are not limited to: DUI, reckless driving, or driving with a suspended or revoked license.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a copy of their driver's license and automobile insurance card when interviewing.
For application inquiries, contact the Transit Services Manager (Sean Kavanagh) at email@example.com