You are hired for an on-campus job! Now what?
Congratulations on your new position as a student employee at Pepperdine University! We are happy to welcome you to the dynamic team of student employees working on campus at Pepperdine.
What you need to do once you have been hired:
- Come into the Student Employment Office prior to your start date to complete important federal government and University paperwork in order to be eligible to start working. Incomplete paperwork can result in your employment and pay to be delayed! We are located at the Tyler Campus Center (TCC), Suite 210.
- Please bring the following original, unexpired document(s) with you to complete your paperwork; you can bring one selection from List A or one selection from List B along with one selection from List C.
- Acceptable Documents for Form I-9.
- NOTE: we DO NOT accept photocopies of any of these documents.
Form I-9 and Employment Paperwork Hours - Fall 2019
Tuesdays 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesdays 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursdays 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Fridays 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM; 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Please allot approximately 30 minutes to complete all employment paperwork.
Note: Our offices are closed on the following holidays:
- Once you have completed the Form I-9, Form W-4, the Mandated Reporter Acknowledgment Form, Confidentiality Agreement, Computer & Network Responsible Usage Policy, and the Student Employment Agreement in TCC 210, your hiring supervisors will be able to hire you into the system.
- You will receive an email with information on how to report your work hours and how to set-up direct deposit. You can also read the following steps for setting up direct-deposit and for reporting worked hours.
Direct Deposit Setup
We strongly encourage student employees to set up direct deposit as a form of payment. Benefits of signing up for direct deposit:
- Quick - Your money is electronically transferred to your account and is available on the date expected. With Direct Deposit your money is ready to use on payday.
- Safe - Direct Deposit puts money in your account on time, every time. There is nothing to get lost or delayed in the mail.
- Easy - Easy to set up
- Secure - Worries about lost, stolen or misplaced checks are virtually eliminated. Your pay is deposited even if you're on vacation, sick or out of town.
- Help the Environment - As a bonus, you'll be a partner in helping to reduce the negative impact on the planet.
Direct Deposit set up/edit Instructions:
- Log on to WaveNet
- On the top of the WaveNet homepage, click on the "Employee" tab
- Click on "Employee Self Service"
- A new tab should open on your browser. Under this new tab, click on "My Payroll"
- At the left of the page, click on "Direct Deposit"
- Click on "Add Account" (or "Edit" or "Delete" to change information or delete your account information).
- Type in your routing number and account number (NOTE: your routing number and account number are NOT the numbers on your debit card/ATM card. This is a common mistake made by many student employees. Please make sure that you get the correct numbers for your bank.)
- For Account Type, select if the account is a "Checking" or "Savings" account
- For "Deposit Type", put down "Balance of Net Pay"
- Leave the "Amount or Percent" blank
- For "Deposit Order", put down "999"
- Click "Submit"
Reporting Hours: please go to the following link to learn more about Kronos, our web-based time and attendance system: Kronos Student User Guide