You are hired for an on-campus job! Now what?
Congratulations on your new position as a student employee at Pepperdine University! We are happy to welcome you to the dynamic team of student employees working on campus at Pepperdine.
What You Need to Do Once You Have Been Hired
- If you are a first time student employee, you will be required to complete necessary on-boarding paperwork prior to your first day of work. Follow this link to request a remote 30 minute I-9 appointment: On-Boarding Paperwork Appointment Request
- What to have/bring with you for your I-9 appointment: original, unexpired document(s) with you to complete your paperwork; you can bring one selection from List A or one selection from List B along with one selection from List C. Here is the list of Acceptable Documents for Form I-9. An adult over the age of 18 must be present in your household to confirm your identity, if you are completing your I-9 remotely.
- Once your I-9 is completed, you will receive further instructions on completing a Form W-4, Confidentiality Security Agreement, Computer Network Use Agreement, and a background screening (if required).
- Both yourself and your supervisor will receive an email confirming that your hire may be entered into our system and you may begin working at that time. You MAY NOT begin working until you have received this confirmation email from our office.
- Please be sure to: Review Your Health Insurance Coverage Options
- You will receive an email with information on how to report your work hours and how to set-up direct deposit. You can also read the following steps for setting up direct-deposit and for reporting worked hours.
- Bi-weekly payroll schedule
Reporting Hours: please go to the following link to learn more about Kronos, our web-based time and attendance system: Kronos Student User Guide
Form I-9 and Employment Paperwork Hours
All student I-9's will be completed by appointment. Please complete the following form: On-Boarding Paperwork Completion Request to setup a remote I-9 appointment.
Students should allot approximately 30 minutes to complete all employment paperwork.
Note: Our offices are closed on the following holidays:
Thanksgiving Holiday: Thursday-Friday, November 25-26, 2021
Christmas Period: Friday-Thursday, December 24-30, 2021
New Year's Day: Friday, December 31, 2021
Martin Luther King JR. Day: Monday, January 17, 2022
Memorial Day: Monday, May 30, 2022
Juneteenth National Independence Day: Monday, June 20, 2022
Independence Day: Monday, July 4, 2022
Direct Deposit Set Up
We strongly encourage student employees to set up direct deposit as a form of payment. Benefits of signing up for direct deposit:
- Quick - Your money is electronically transferred to your account and is available on the date expected. With Direct Deposit your money is ready to use on payday.
- Safe - Direct Deposit puts money in your account on time, every time. There is nothing to get lost or delayed in the mail.
- Easy - Easy to set up
- Secure - Worries about lost, stolen or misplaced checks are virtually eliminated. Your pay is deposited even if you're on vacation, sick or out of town.
- Help the Environment - As a bonus, you'll be a partner in helping to reduce the negative impact on the planet.
Direct Deposit set up/edit Instructions:
- Log on to WaveNet
- On the top of the WaveNet homepage, click on the "Employee" tab
- Click on "Employee Self Service"
- A new tab should open on your browser. Under this new tab, click on "My Payroll"
- At the left of the page, click on "Direct Deposit"
- Click on "Add Account" (or "Edit" or "Delete" to change information or delete your account information).
- Type in your routing number and account number (NOTE: your routing number and account number are NOT the numbers on your debit card/ATM card. This is a common mistake made by many student employees. Please make sure that you get the correct numbers for your bank.)
- For Account Type, select if the account is a "Checking" or "Savings" account
- For "Deposit Type", put down "Balance of Net Pay"
- Leave the "Amount or Percent" blank
- For "Deposit Order", put down "999"
- Click "Submit"
How to Update Your Home Address for Tax Purposes
**Please note, if you were recently hired for the first time, it can take up to 48 hours for you to have access to the Employee Tab in WaveNet**
- Log into Wavenet on a computer
- Go to the Employee Tab
- Click Employee Self Service
- Click on the Personal Information Tile
- Select "Home and Mailing Address" from the left side panel
- Edit your Home Address to reflect the current address at which you are living
- SAVE your changes
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
In an effort to maintain the highest quality and standards within student employment, the Pepperdine Student Employment Office requires background screenings (i.e., criminal background screening, Social Security Number & Trace, and National Sex Offender Registry) for all student employees during their employment at the University. Continued student employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background screening. Student employees with criminal histories will be considered for continued employment in compliance with all applicable laws.
Participation in the background screening process comes at no cost to the student or department and will be conducted through HireRight, the University's select vendor for these services.