Getting a Job On-Campus
There are various types of jobs available on-campus and off-campus. Our office encourages students to find opportunities to earn extra income and meaningful job experience while in school.
To find out more about off-campus job opportunities, please visit the Off-Campus Jobs page.
On-Campus Job Search Steps:
- Prepare a resume and cover letter. You can visit with Seaver College Career Center
Ambassadors or Industry Specialists to get advice on how to create resume and cover
letters, or seek the Career Center website for more information and tips.
- Click on the following to learn more: Building a Resume and Cover Letter
- Login to the Handshake website (see instructions below).
- Upload your completed resume in the Handshake website.
- Search and apply for jobs (see instructions below).
- Review listings daily and respond quickly to positions that you are interested in!
- Prepare for your interview with the following:
- Call to schedule a mock interview with a Career Center Industry Specialist
- Access the Career Center Interview Tips page
- Follow up with the jobs for which you've applied.
- Send hand-written thank you cards or letters to staff with whom you've interviewed.
How to Search for Jobs:
- Login to your Wavenet homepage
- Click on Student Services, which is located on the top-left of your Wavenet homepage
- Click on Handshake
- You will be directed to the Handshake website
- Click on Jobs
- For Job Type, select On-campus Student Employment to see all current postings for on-campus student employment.
- For Off-campus student employment, seek out part-time jobs with the tags "off-campus student employment."
- Click Search
- Look through each job posting to see if you are interested. Follow the instructions for each job posting and apply as instructed. Note that there may be different document requirements for each position.