All available on-campus positions are posted on our job posting platform called Handshake. All Pepperdine students have access to Handshake and use it to search for student employment positions.
Please see the guide below for step-by-step instructions on how to use Handshake:
How-to Guides for Handshake
Best Practices for Posting a Position:
- Create a Job Description with the following information:
- Description of Job (be sure to include hours/week you expect students to work)
- Pay rate/hour
- Is Job for Federal Work-Study, Pepperdine Work Program, or Departmental Pay?
- Contact Information
- Post your job description on Handshake to advertise your department's job openings.
- On the job posting, please ask applicants to submit their resumes and work hour availabilities.
- We encourage departments to interview applicants to determine if applicants are a
good fit for your department. This will also give students the opportunity to practice
their job interview skills.
- Once you have selected student employees, send job offer either via email or telephone to each candidate. Be sure to follow-up with students who were not selected. Example of a Regret Email.
- Send your final applicant a formal offer by email and/or phone.
- Expire your position on Handshake once the position has been filled.