All available on-campus positions are posted on our job posting platform called Handshake. Open positions must be posted on Handshake for at least 5 days. All Pepperdine students have access to Handshake and use it to search for student employment positions. Please see the guide below for step-by-step instructions on how to use Handshake:
How-to Guide for Handshake
Best Practices for Posting a Position:
- Create a Job Description with the following information:
- Description of Job (be sure to include hours/week you expect students to work)
- Pay rate/hour
- Is Job for Federal Work-Study, Pepperdine Work Program, or Departmental Pay?
- Contact Information
- Post your job description on Handshake to advertise your department's job openings.
- On the job posting, please ask applicants to submit their resumes and work hour availabilities.
- We encourage departments to interview applicants to determine if applicants are a
good fit for your department. This will also give students the opportunity to practice
their job interview skills.
- Once you have selected student employees, send job offer either via email or telephone to each candidate. Be sure to follow-up with students who were not selected. Example of a Regret Email.
- Send your final applicant a formal offer by email and/or phone.
- Expire your position on Handshake once the position has been filled.
Need assistance with your job posting? Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org