Copy Materials from Another Class Site in Courses
What Does It Do?
The "Import from Site" feature allows you to copy course materials from one course site to another course site.
How You Can Use It
- Copy content from one section into other sections
- Import materials from previous class sites into new class sites
- Click the tab for the course or project site, or click the "Sites" menu at the top
right and click the desired site.
- IMPORTANT: You must be in the NEW course site. Do not go to the old course site.
- Enable the same tools from your old site in your new site. You may not see content to copy if you have not added the same tools.
- In the new site, click "Site Info" in the left menu.
- Click "Import from Site."
- Select the best option:
- "I would like to replace my data." - Be careful! This will overwrite all information in the current site and replace it with the information from the selected site. If you want to copy gradebook items, this is the choice. However, be sure you are in the correct site! Also, be sure you haven't added anything into the current site yet since it will be overwritten. If you erase the existing site contents, that action is permanent and cannot be undone.
- "I would like to merge my data." - RECOMMENDED! This simply copies information from a previous site into your new site. It does not overwrite any content you have already added into your new site. This choice is recommended in most cases.
- "I would like to merge my user(s)." - Be careful! This option only copies users and only those users that have been manually added into a previous class site. NOTE: This process will not copy roster-provided users. For official class sites, see how to merge or combine course sections into your site.