Courses Checklist for a New Academic Term
As you get started with a new academic term, we want to remind you of the most common items professors do at the beginning of a new semester/trimester.
- Access Courses (powered by Sakai).
- Publish your class site so that students can see and access it.
- Post and publish your syllabus to inform students of learning objectives and requirements.
- Reorder your site tabs to access your classes quickly and easily.
- Add or remove tools to engage students in learning activities.
- Reorder your tools to focus student attention.
- Add documents and web links to Resources to share learning materials.
- Set up your gradebook to securely share academic progress with your students.
- Copy course materials from a previous semester to repurpose your hard work.
- Combine class rosters if you are teaching cross-listed classes or multiple sections of the same class but want to manage only one site.
- Course Creation Schedule
- Zoom Documentation for Faculty
- Google Training and Documentation for Faculty