Add a Calendar Event in Courses
What Does It Do?
The "Calendar" tool allows one-time or recurring events to be scheduled and viewed by participants of a course site.
How You Can Use It
- Post important dates about class activities, such as exams
- Set recurring events, such as class lectures
- Merge a Google calendar to your site calendar
- Click the tab for the course or project site, or click the "Sites" menu at the top right and click the desired site.
- Click "Calendar" in the left tool menu. If the calendar tool is not listed, add it by navigating to Site Info > Manage Tools.
- Click "Add Event."
- Fill-out the required event information. Note: items marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- (Optional) Click "Frequency" to toggle whether the event will occur more than once.
- (Optional) Select the "Event Type" drop-down to designate an event type. Note: events tagged with a "type" will display a corresponding legend icon in the calendar.
- (Optional) Add any attachments needed to the event.
- Click "Save Event."
Note: A summary of recent calendar items will display in the Calendar module within the "Overview" tool. The "Calendar" tool must be enabled within the site for this module to display.
<< Back to Faculty Guides for Courses