- Pillow, blanket, sheets and mattress pad (extra-long twin for all campus housing with the exception of George Page F-block and G-block, which have extra-long full beds)
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
- Caddy for toiletries (personal items should not be stored in the bathroom)
- Shower shoes/flip flops
- Storage containers
- Desk lamp (halogen bulbs and string lights are NOT allowed)
- Fan (rooms are not air-conditioned*)
- A wastebasket (A large trash can is provided in each suite.)
- Laundry basket, laundry detergent, drier sheets
- Clothes hangers
- UL approved surge protectors
- Decorative items to personalize the room (Walls cannot be more than 10% covered by posters, etc.)
- Good walking shoes for Pepperdine's hilly campus
- Prescription medication
- Coffee maker (pod-style coffee makers are okay)
- Cooking equipment, dishes, salt/pepper, cooking oil, etc (for apartment residents)
- Renters Insurance
* With the exception of Drescher W block which is air conditioned.
Please note: Each building has two or more vacuums and buckets (with cleaning supplies) available for check-out.
The following items are not permitted on campus
- Candles, string lights, halogen lamps, and barbecues
- Electric heaters and air-conditioning units
- Toasters, Toaster ovens, hot plates, and any appliance with an exposed heating element
- Extension cords or non-surge protector style power strips
- Pets, other than approved Emotional Support Animals or Service Animals, are prohibited from campus housing.
- Refer to Student Policies and Procedures for a thorough list and explanation of what is not allowed at Pepperdine.
The companies listed below are partners of Housing and Residence Life, and we are pleased to offer the following University-approved services to our residents:
Students can order their extra-long twin sheets, comforters, matching towels, and storage items directly through the Residence Hall Linens program. For added convenience, they can contact College Storage Services (opens in a new tab) about delivering residence linens directly to campus housing room assignments. Ordering from Residence Hall Linens ensures that students will have sheets that will fit the extra-long twin beds on campus, and everything is guaranteed until graduation. For more information visit: Residence Hall Linens
Renters Insurance for College Students
College Student Insurance (CSI) offers worldwide primary coverage for student-owned and rented property in cases of theft, accidental damage, and natural damage. Property covered under CSI includes all electronic devices, external hard drives and computer software, jewelry, instruments, artwork, collectibles, and bicycles. For only $87 annually, students can enjoy $3000 worth of coverage, with only a $25 deductible. Adjustable limits range from $3-10k. Additional options include identity theft coverage and liability coverage. This policy is offered to students as an affordable alternative to general homeowners policies. For more information visit: College Student Insurance website (opens in a new tab)