The tab widget is a content box with horizontally tabbed content areas. The minimum number of tabs is two and the maximum is six.
Full | Three-quarters | Two-thirds | Half
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to OU Campus.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click the Tab Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Optional: Give your widget a heading text.
Note: This will appear above the content area of the widget.
- Optional: Choose a heading size for the heading text.
- Optional: Type in or browse to a URL for the heading text.
- For each tab that to be displayed, select the Show Tab checkbox.
- Enter a Tab Heading for each tab to be displayed.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension.
- Click the Create button.
- In the edit window, select the region to edit.
- Click the Save button.
Note: This will bring you to the Preview window.
- Click the Edit button and repeat steps 12 and 13 for each tab.
- Publish (See Basic Steps to Publish Content).
Review and Edit
- To add or remove a tab or the widget heading check-out the widget and go to the Properties button.
- To edit a tab content region click the Edit button and then click the "Edit Tab" button.
- Save and Publish.