An image widget is used to make an impact to users and introduce a main page/section. There are no captions or titles, just an 960x 450 pixel image placed at the top of the page below the header bars but above the section and page titles.
Impact Widget: 960 x 450 pixels
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to OU Campus.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click the Image Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Browse for an existing image in the Select Image Path area.
Note:This will place you in the department's images folder. If your image is in another location, simply navigate to that folder.
- Enter an Image Description.
Note: This is required for accessibility and appears as the alternate description if an image is turned off on a browser.
- Type in or browse to a URL for the link.
- Option: add an Image Link by typing in a URL or browsing for the file.
Option: select the Force New Window checkbox to have the selected file open in a new browser window or tab.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension, and make sure to only use lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Click the Create button.
- See Basic Steps to Publish Content.
Review and Edit:
- To edit the image widget check-out the widget and go to the Properties Button.
- Save and Publish.