An image widget is used to make an impact to users and introduce a main page/section. There are no captions or titles, just an edge-to-edge image placed at the top of the page below the header bar but above the main section and page title.
Impact Widget: 1440 x 430 pixels
View the impact widget position on a page
Creating & Editing an Image Widget
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to Omni CMS.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click the Image Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Browse for an existing image in the Select Image Path area.
Note:This will place you in the department's images folder. If your image is in another location, simply navigate to that folder.
- Enter an Image Description.
Note: This is required for accessibility and appears as the alternate description if an image is turned off on a browser.
- Type in or browse to a URL for the link.
- Option: add an Image Link by typing in a URL or browsing for the file.
Option: select the Force New Window checkbox to have the selected file open in a new browser window or tab.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension, and make sure to only use lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Click the Create button.
- See Basic Steps to Publish Content.
Review and Edit
- To edit the image widget check-out the widget and go to the Properties Button.
- Save and Publish.