Connect With Us Widget
The social media connect widget allows one to choose which social media should be displayed on the webpage. The choices appear in the order below and include:
- Facebook: "Like us on Facebook"
- Twitter: "Follow us on Twitter"
- YouTube: "Subscribe to our YouTube channel"
- LinkedIn: "Connect with us on LinkedIn"
- Instagram: "Follow us on Instagram"
- Google+: "Add Us on Google+"
- Pinterest: "Follow us on Pinterest"
- iTunesU: "Find us on iTunesU"
- Tumblr: "Find us on Tumblr"
No Size Options
Connect with Us Sample
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to OU Campus.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click the Connect with Us Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Check the box next to each social media type you wish to display.
- Enter a fully qualified URL for each social media type you wish to display.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension, and make sure to only use lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores.
- Click the Create button.
- See Basic Steps to Publish Content.
Review and Edit
- To edit the Connect with Us widget check-out the widget and go to the Properties Button.
- Save and Publish
- Note: When connected to a page, the Connect with Us social icons appear in the upper-right content area.