Video widget allows you to easily embed a Vimeo or YouTube video to a page. Users can play the video directly from the page.
Full | Three-quarters | Two-thirds | Half
- In order to create a Video Widget, the video must first exist on YouTube or Vimeo.
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to OU Campus.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click theVideo Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Optional: the Heading Text, Heading Size, and URL sections.
Note:The heading text will appear above the content area of the widget.
- Choose the Video Type of YouTube or Vimeo.
- Enter the Video ID only.
Note: The Video ID is typically located at the end of the URL. For YouTube it is the characters after "?v=" and for Vimeo it is after vimeo.com/.
- Uncheck the YouTube Title if you do not want the top title bar to appear on the embed video.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension, and make sure to only use lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Click the Create button.
- Publish (see Basic Steps to Publish Content).
Review and Edit:
- To edit the video widget, check-out the widget and go to the Properties Button.
- Save and Publish.