The button feature is a simple way to enhance the web page via a short action phrase, such as "Apply Now" or "Submit Feedback" that will be placed inside an orange, rectangular box to make it clearly visible. This widget requires an action phrase and a link to the action.
Place in grids of half, third, or quarter sizes.
Creating & Editing a Button Widget
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to Omni CMS.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click the button Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Optional: Put in the appropriate button text in the button Text field.
Note:This will appear as part of the content of the widget and should be only a few words, focus on call to action language.
- Choose the Button Type of Standard or Overlay.
Note:The Standard button type is for regular links. The Overlay button type is for linking specifically to an Overlay Page.
- Type in or browse to a URL for the link.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension, and make sure to only use lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Click the Create button.
- See Basic Steps to Publish Content.
Review and Edit:
- In the widgets folder, find your widget and click on it in order to preview and demo the widget. When you're ready, click publish.
- To edit the button widget check-out the widget and go to the Properties Button.
- Save and Publish.