The RSS widget allows for pulling an RSS feed URL that may display from 1 to 15 feed items. Some optional settings include displaying the date of the feed item, the author, and the description or excerpt of the feed item.
Two-thirds | Half | Third
RSS Widget Sample
- If you are not logged on, see How to Log On to OU Campus.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the New button.
- Click the RSS Widget.
Note: You do not need to be in the widgets folder as all widgets will be created in each department's widgets folder.
- Optional: the Heading Text, Heading Size, and URL sections.
Note:The heading text will appear above the content area of the widget.
- Enter the full URL of the RSS feed including either http:// or feed://.
- Set the number of RSS items to be displayed.
Note: Recommend 3 to 5 items.
- Set whether to display the description or excerpt of the RSS items.
- Set whether to display the publish date of the RSS items.
- Give your widget a filename.
Note: It is highly recommended to begin the name of the widget with its type followed by the purpose of the widget with hyphens in between. Do not enter a file extension, and make sure to only use lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores.
- Click the Create button.
- See Basic Steps to Publish Content.
Review and Edit:
- To edit the RSS widget setting check-out the widget and go to the Properties Button.
- Save and Publish.