Skip to main content
Pepperdine | Community

Veteran Resources


Pepperdine University is closely monitoring developments for COVID-19. Learn more about the University's response plans to keep our campus communities safe.

Learn More About International Programs Updates

Student Veterans and Military-Connected Students

We, at International Programs, hope all student veterans and military-connected students take advantage of the life-changing opportunities that studying abroad affords them. Numerous student veterans and military-connected students have already taken part in our nationally-ranked and recognized study abroad programs. We hope the information below is helpful and please contact Eric Leshinsky, director of student veterans, at regarding any additional VA benefit inquiries.

  How do student veteran and military-connected benefits generally apply to studying abroad

The International Programs (IP) Office has worked hard to provide the unique experience of having Pepperdine professors teach Pepperdine courses in locations all around the world. Students utilizing their CH.33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill and the Pepperdine Yellow Ribbon Program can apply their VA funding towards study abroad tuition and Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate while abroad. For students using different VA chapter benefits or for those who do not qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program, please consult with your School Certifying Official and the Seaver Financial Aid Office to discuss the best options for your program.

  How does the post-9/11 yellow-ribbon GI BillĀ® work for fall/spring programs as well as summer programs?

Students using the CH. 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill & Yellow Ribbon Program can have their IP courses fully covered for Fall, Spring and Summer programs.

Tuition: 100% tuition coverage
Room and Board: Can receive their standard Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate while abroad.
International Programs Fee: Students may apply for an additional IP scholarship (see below for details)
Program-specific fees (e.g., visas, health fees, etc.): Students may apply for an additional IP scholarship (see below for details)

  Does International Programs only provide study abroad participants with housing?

Yes, Seaver International Programs provides housing only for students.

  Are there additional scholarships available?

Yes, please visit IP's scholarship information page for additional information. Please contact the Veteran Affairs Office regarding additional funding opportunities.



GI BillĀ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at