Courses Picture Roster
What Does It Do?
The Roster tool has many benefits. One of these benefits is the ability to view either "Official Photos" or "Profile Photos." Therefore, the picture roster is a great way to learn your student names and improve class engagement.
How You Can Use It
- Learn student names before class
- Help you take attendance
- Verify student identity during class assessments
- Click the tab for the course or project site, or click the "Sites" menu at the top right and click the desired site.
- Click Roster in the left menu.
- Choose between "Official Photos" or "Pictures from Profile."
- Official Photos (default): Photos fed from the University ID card system, assuming the student has taken the ID Card photo.
- Pictures from Profile: The optional profile photo uploaded directly by the student.
- Scroll down to review the available photos for enrolled users.
NOTE: Official photos rely on students or faculty/staff taking an official ID card photo. It can take 2-3 business days after an ID photo has been taken before the image will appear on Courses.