Courses Picture Roster
What Does It Do?
The Roster tool displays the names and pictures of site participants. This is a helpful way to get to know others in a class site.
Note: The Roster tool does not allow an instructor to add or remove participants from a site. To add participants, instructors must use Site Info.
How You Can Use It
- Learn student names before class
- Take attendance
- Verify student identity during class assessments
- Click the tab for the course or project site, or click the "Sites" menu at the top right and click the desired site.
- Click Roster in the left menu.
- Choose between "Official Photos" or "Pictures from Profile."
- Official Photos (default): Photos fed from the University ID card system, assuming the student has taken the ID Card photo.
- Pictures from Profile: The optional profile photo uploaded directly by the student.
- Scroll down to review the available photos for enrolled users.
NOTE: Official photos rely on students or faculty/staff taking an official ID card photo. It can take 2-3 business days after an ID photo has been taken before the image will appear on Courses.