New Student Checklist
This New Student Checklist provides a list of action items that all new full-time students must complete in order to begin their graduate program. Please carefully read each section, paying close attention to the action items that require your response.
1. Review Your WaveNet Student Center for Requirements
Be sure to regularly log into your WaveNet Student Center to review any outstanding requirements, including admissions and financial aid.
2. Check Your Pepperdine Email Regularly
As a new student, you will receive email communication and guidance from your academic advisor and various departments to help ensure a smooth transition to Pepperdine Graziadio. For students beginning in the fall term, you will begin hearing from your academic advisor during the month of July, so be sure to check your pepperdine.edu email regularly for updates.
3. Complete University Immunization Requirement
To satisfy the University's immunization requirement, all new students must visit the Pepperdine Student Health Center website and select the Patient Portal Login to:
- Complete the online Health History Form in the Patient Portal
- Enter the dates you received the required immunizations into the Patient Portal. These dates can be found on your official immunization records.
- Upload your official immunization records in English into the Patient Portal. If your official immunization records are not written in English, you will need to have them transcribed by a certified medical transcriber, or you will need to have titer tests to prove immunity.
- For more information and due dates, visit the Student Health Center website.
4. Complete University Health Insurance Requirement
Each academic year all Pepperdine Graziadio students registered on the Malibu campus, both domestic and international, including those studying abroad, are required to either:
1) Provide proof of a U.S. based health insurance plan through the online waiver system
2) Enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) through their AHP Insurance Dashboard.
This is an annual requirement, and it is highly recommended that all students confirm their health insurance plan includes care close to Malibu. If students choose not to enroll in SHIP, they must provide proof of a US-based health insurance plan through their AHP Insurance Dashboard
For more information and due dates, visit the Student Health Center website.
Note: Inbound Exchange Students are not eligible to enroll in SHIP and are not required to provide proof of health insurance.
5. Submit Student Financial Agreement
Before you are enrolled in courses, you must log in to your WaveNet Student Center to electronically submit your Student Financial Agreement (SFA) by the deadline. You will receive an email from the Full-Time Programs Office with instructions and deadline information.
6. Complete Online Pre-Arrival Orientation
Complete the Online Pre-Arrival Orientation listed in your WaveNet Student Center. You will receive an email from the Full-Time Programs Office with instructions and deadline information. Learn more about your new student onboarding experience..
7. Register Your Vehicle for Campus Parking
The Department of Public Safety is pleased to introduce virtual parking permits to the Pepperdine community. This option provides an easy, efficient and sustainable way to manage vehicle registration and parking management procedures on campus.
Register your vehicle here.
Questions? Please review the FAQs or contact the Department of Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-506-4700.
8. Register for Student Accessibility Accommodations
If needed, submit an application for disability accommodations through the Office of Student Accessibility. Accommodations are accepted on a rolling basis throughout each term (will not be retroactive).
9. Take ID Card "Selfie" Photo
In order to have your student ID card ready and waiting for you when you arrive on campus, you must submit an approved selfie photo by Monday, August 8, 2022. Follow these instructions to submit your selfie ID photo. You will have an opportunity to pick up your student ID card upon your first scheduled on-campus day.
If you submit your selfie photo by the deadline, you will have the opportunity to pick up your ID at the New Student Kickoff at the Drescher Graduate Campus.
If you do not submit your selfie photo by the deadline, you may follow these instructions to submit your selfie photo anytime.
Once your photo is approved, you can print your ID card at One Stop located in the Thornton Administrative Center (TAC) on the lower campus.
10. Download Helpful Apps
It is recommended that all Pepperdine Graziadio students download three very useful mobile apps to your mobile phone prior to your arrival to campus:
Full-Time Programs Office
To Report Emergencies: Dial 911,
then call 310.506.4441 if safe to do so
Student Health Center
310.506.4316, option 3
- Campus Locations and Maps
- Information Technology
- Immunization Requirements
- Insurance Requirements and Deadlines
- Patient Portal (log in with your WaveNet user ID and password)
- Vehicle Registration
- Student ID "Selfie" Photo Instructions
- Off-Campus Housing Guide
- Pepperdine App
- LiveSafe App
- GET App (Apple)
- GET App (Google)