Opened in 1972, Pepperdine's 20 single-gender suite-style houses each host approximately 50 Seaver College students. A short walk to the Seaver Campus, the houses offer community living, stunning ocean views, a laundry room, volleyball courts, outdoor common areas, wireless internet, community barbecues, community television, and a furnished lobby with fireplace. Two resident advisors and one spiritual life advisor live in each house to guide and support our students during their time as residents.
Each suite typically contains:
- Four double occupancy bedrooms. Each resident is typically provided with an extra-long twin bed, a dresser (or three stackable drawers), a small bookcase (or desktop book hutch), and a desk with chair. Each bedroom is 170 square feet (16 square meters).
- A suite bathroom with two sinks, two showers and two toilets.
- A common living room furnished with a loveseat, lounge chair, and two sofas.
Visit our first-year residential halls through a virtual tour!
On-Campus Residential Amenities:
- High-Speed Internet
- On-site Washer/Dryer
- Convenient On-Campus Parking
- Resident Advisor
- Spiritual Life Advisor
- Live In Professional Staff to Assist 24/7
On-Campus Community Amenities:
- Community Rooms
- Fireplace (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Late Night Dining Venues
- Pool and Spa
- Fitness Centers
- Recreational Courts (Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, Track)
- Courtyards with Grill
- Walking/Hiking Trails
- Late Night Shuttle and Escort Services
- Guard Booth and Patrolled 24/7
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in a Suite-Style House?
First-year students (freshmen), some sophomores, and some transfer students.
Visit the rates page.
Can I bunk, raise or loft my bed?
Only rooms with dark wood beds may be bunked or lofted. To raise or loft beds speak with your resident advisors about getting the necessary tools and parts or contact the Housing and Residence Life office.
Am I allowed to stack my bed on top of furniture?
No. Due to safety concerns, residents may not stack their bed on top of the furniture.
Are suite-style houses air-conditioned? Can I bring an air conditioner?
The suite-style houses are not air-conditioned. Residents are not allowed to install air conditioners of any kind. Portable fans are allowed as long as the window screen remains in the window. Nothing can extend from the window or the building.
What am I allowed to put on the walls of my room?
You may hang items on your walls by using small nails, tacks, or putty only. No screws or bolts are allowed. Do not hang items from your ceiling. TV or surfboard mounts are not allowed. Surfboards may be stored in the common living area.
Can I mount my TV to the wall?
No. TV mounts, large screws, nails, or bolts are not allowed.
Please refer to the Seaver Student Handbook for additional information about policies.
For information regarding asbestos in the residence halls and the measures taken to ensure the safety of our community, please read this notification.