Apply to Be a Student Leader
Want to learn about what it means to be a Resident Advisor (RA) or Spiritual Life Advisor (SLA)? Click the links below to read more about the role of RAs/SLAs in on-campus housing. We hope you will consider this opportunity to lead in our community, and look forward to meeting you!
Summer Resident Advisor (RA)
Learn more about the Summer Resident Advisor role. Applications are now closed for Summer 2022.
Graduate Resident Advisor (GRA)
Learn more about the Graduate Resident Advisor role. Applications are now closed for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Academic Year Student Leader Application
How Do I Apply to be a Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 RA/SLA?
Applications are now closed.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Check with your Financial Assistance Advisor and determine the impact the Resident Advisor (RA) or Student Life Advisor (SLA) scholarship may have on your aid package.
- Select references, tell them about the position you are applying for, and confirm that they are willing to serve as your reference.
- Submit the online application with recommendations by the application deadline.
- Participate in interviews.
- Must be available for HRL Formation: two weeks before NSO starts in August, a few days after check-outs in December, and come back for Spring NSO.
Many students' financial aid may be affected by the RA/SLA scholarship package. Please check with the Financial Aid Office about your individual situation.
- Upperclassmen Apartment RAs (Drescher, Lovernich, and George Page)
- Housing scholarship which includes the equivalent of free room
- Choose your roommate and apartment mates ahead of housing selection
- Meal plan equal to approximately 610 points per semester
- All other RAs (freshmen and sophomore halls including Towers and Seaside)
- Housing scholarship which includes room and board
- Single rooms in residence halls when possible (choose your roommate if needed)
- Meal plan equal to approximately 1960 points per semester
- SLAs (all areas)
- Housing scholarship (you will likely have a roommate)
- Choose your roommate
- No meal plan