Apply to be a Student Leader
Want to learn about what it means to be a Resident Advisor (RA) or Spiritual Life Advisor (SLA)? Click the links below to read more about the role of RA/SLAs in on-campus housing. We hope you will consider this opportunity to lead in our community, and look forward to meeting you!
Graduate Resident Advisors (GRA)
For any graduate students interested in applying for the Graduate Resident Advisor position, please click here.
Summer Resident Advisor (RA) Application
To learn more about the Summer Resident Advisor role, please click here.
Academic Year Student Leader Application
How Do I Apply to be a Fall 2021- Spring 2022 RA/SLA?
With the University making plans to resume on-campus housing for the fall, Housing and Residence Life has been given the green light to bring on full teams of Resident and Spiritual Life Advisors for the 2021-2022 academic year.
As such, we are happy to announce that we are now accepting additional applications for student leaders in the following residential areas:
- Freshman Halls - Need Majority Male RA/SLAs
- Transfer Halls - Both Male and Female RA/SLAs
- Sophomore Areas - Both Male and Female RA/SLAs
- Apartments - Male RA/SLAs
To apply to be a student leader, please follow the instructions listed below:
- Watch the mandatory Information Session video.
- Please note that if you do not watch this video, you will not gain access to the application in the Housing Portal.
- After watching the information session video, you will gain access to the Housing Portal within 24-48 hours.
- Submit your RA/SLA Application through the Housing Portal
Applications are due by May 24. Please read the requirements and scholarship information below before applying as well. We look forward to reading your applications!
- GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Check with your Financial Assistance Advisor and determine the impact the Resident Advisor (RA) or Student Life Advisor (SLA) scholarship may have on your aid package.
- Select references, tell them about the position you are applying for, and confirm that they are willing to serve as your reference.
- Submit the online application with recommendations by the application deadline.
- Participate in interviews.
- Must be available for HRL Formation: two weeks before NSO starts in August, a few days after check-outs in December, and come back for Spring NSO.
Many students' financial aid may be affected by the RA/SLA scholarship package. Please check with the Financial Aid Office about your individual situation.
- Upperclassmen Apartment RAs (Drescher, Lovernich and George Page)
- Housing scholarship which includes the equivalent of free room
- Choose your roommate and apartment mates ahead of housing selection
- Meal plan equal to approximately 550 points per semester
- All other RAs (freshmen and sophomore halls including Towers and Seaside)
- Housing scholarship which includes room and board
- Single rooms in residence halls when possible (choose your roommate if needed)
- Meal plan equal to approximately 1600 points per semester
- SLAs (all areas)
- Housing scholarship (you will likely have a roommate)
- Choose your roommate
- No meal plan