International Programs Global Policies
What is International Programs’ Vaccine Policy?
International Programs (IP) is implementing a vaccination policy for all Seaver College program participants. The Seaver College International Programs COVID-19 Vaccine Policy is effective today for all Seaver College international program participants. The policy and other frequently asked questions may be referenced on the University’s COVID-19 website.
Due to current immigration requirements, travel restrictions, and local policies in place at the six unique locations of Seaver College’s International Program campuses and at our faculty-led program locations, the University must implement a more stringent vaccination requirement for those participating in an international program. This policy protects the health and safety of all program participants and allows for the delivery of a transformative cultural and academic experience at each global campus. All students participating in an international program must satisfy the following COVID-19 vaccine requirements:
- All faculty, staff, and students participating in an international program are required to be fully vaccinated in advance of their departure to the program. Due to the evolving nature of host country policies, immigration requirements, travel restrictions, and the limited number of staff and faculty at our global campuses, there are no exemptions to this policy. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccine that is authorized or approved for use by host country authorities.
- Consistent with the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all IP students, regardless of program, are directed to submit proof of vaccination to the Student Health Center (SHC). Vaccination status will be shared with University officials who have a legitimate need to know this information. This may include faculty or staff in academic or administrative settings, or for contact tracing purposes, etc. Spring 2022 students are required to show proof of vaccination by November 24, 2021. International Programs will update summer 2022 and academic year 2022-2023 students regarding vaccination due dates.
Below is the list of countries International Programs operates within along with a link to each host country's accepted COVID-19 vaccines. Students are allowed to travel only if they meet local COVID-19 vaccine and booster requirements.
- Italy Found under the 'Vaccination certificates' section
- Germany Found under the 'Information on the approved vaccines' tab
- United States
- FijiFound under 'Fiji Travel Partner/ Non-Travel Partner Entry Conditions' section
- Japan Found under 'About Vaccines' section
The Seaver College International Programs COVID-19 Vaccination Policy will remain in effect until it is updated or revised. Students with questions or concerns should contact the International Programs Office at 310.506.4230 or email@example.com. More information, including answers to frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, are available on the University’s COVID-19 website.