The University has six Newsrooms for sharing faculty, student, and/or staff accomplishments, and news releases. Along with five dedicated Newsrooms for each school, there is one University Newsroom for news relevant across the Pepperdine community. A comprehensive storytelling strategy on this platform allows the community to stay connected to University- and school-specific initiatives while also contributing to a greater sense of belonging.
Pepperdine Magazine is the feature magazine for Pepperdine University and its growing community of alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends. The magazine showcases individuals, news, achievements, and challenges across the entire University while engaging in an open dialogue about relevant and topical issues pertaining to the University and its mission.
- Tackle complex and pertinent subjects, embrace a multitude of perspectives, and convey an honest portrayal of Pepperdine today
- Feature content that is intellectually stimulating and socially conscious infused with Christian values
- Serve as a central communication channel with the University's vibrant alumni community, demonstrating the growing value of their degree, education, and place in the Pepperdine family
- Reach and impress readers unfamiliar with Pepperdine University
Pepperdine Magazine aims to strengthen the Pepperdine brand and elevate the University's national reputation through its storytelling. The content and creative direction of the magazine should:
- Demonstrate the University's mission in action
- Support the goals of the University strategic plan
- Highlight the University core values
- Celebrate the unique and transformative people and experiences of Pepperdine
Pepperdine Magazine is produced with guidance from an advisory board representing a cross-section of the University community. The advisory board convenes quarterly for the essential purpose of informing content choices. Each member represents his or her own school or division by sharing story ideas, recommending angles to pursue, and facilitating introductions between the editor and story contacts.
Integrated Marketing Communications
Gareen Darakjian - Editor, Pepperdine Magazine; Senior Managing Editor, Integrated Marketing Communications
Nate Ethell ('08, MBA '13) - Senior Director, Communications and Brand Development, Integrated Marketing Communications
Keith Lungwitz - Creative Director, Pepperdine Magazine; Creative Director, Integrated Marketing Communications
Matt Midura ('97, MA '05) - Acting Chief Marketing Officer, Integrated Marketing Communications
Dana Dudley ('98)- Assistant Dean, Special Academic Programs
Stephanie Cupp ('94) - Program Coordinator, Center for Faith and Learning
Caruso School of Law
Kim Prince - Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Graziadio Business School
Jodi Hill (MBA '04) - Director of Marketing and Communications
Graduate School of Education and Psychology
Cathy Javier - Marketing Manager
School of Public Policy
Jaclyn Ramirez - Manager of Marketing and Communication
Roger Horne - Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications
To submit a story idea for Pepperdine Magazine, please contact your advisory board representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.