Social Media Marketing
IMC manages and promotes the following official Pepperdine channels:
What is the purpose of social media at Pepperdine University?
At Pepperdine University, we commit to the following five strategic goals:
- Advancing learning, knowledge, and scholarship
- Developing resources
- Building community
- Respecting diversity and promoting global understanding
- Honoring God and the University's Church of Christ heritage
Pepperdine University's strategic plan, along with a commitment to those five themes, can be strengthened through social media internally and externally through the following goals:
- Increase recruitment for Pepperdine University's undergraduate and graduate schools
- Strengthen Pepperdine University's national reputation
- Increase engagement among target audiences such as prospective students, current students, faculty/staff, parents, alumni and donors
- Establish affinity through similar qualities, ideas, or interest with target audiences
- Strengthen, promote and support fundraising efforts for Pepperdine University
How are Pepperdine University's social media accounts managed?
Main Pepperdine University accounts are managed by the University's social media manager who is a part of the Integrated Marketing Communications team. All other official Pepperdine accounts are managed and monitored by official representatives across the various schools, departments, and campus organizations. Social media representatives from the University's five schools, athletics, and alumni affairs staff participate in Pepperdine's monthly social media committee meetings.
How do I get my content posted on Pepperdine's accounts?
If you would like to request for your content to be posted on Pepperdine's main University accounts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.