Follow the steps below to register a person that's on the waitlist. This process is manual and it is considered best practice to get the payment information from the waitlisted person before starting this process.
In order for a registrant to be placed on a waitlist, the below settings must be applied:
- The event ticket type enables waitlists
- The ticket type capacity has been hit
- One or more waitlist records have been created
- Money will not be collected when a person has been added to the waitlist
- The process is manual and it's up to the event planner to determine which registrants are taken off the waitlist first
- Additional tickets cannot be purchased until all existing waitlist records are registered (regardless of any increase in capacity)
How to Register a Person on the Waitlist
- [Select] the Fonteva Events app and [Click] the Events tab.
- From the Events tab page, [Search & Select] an Existing Event.
- From the Events page, [Scroll Down] to the Waitlist related list.
- From the Waitlist related list, [Click] the Waitlist Entry ID link next to the desired Waitlist entry.
- From the Waitlist Entry Detail page (next to the Contact field), [Click] the Contact link. This will open the Contact's record where we can access Rapid Order Entry.
- Note: It is recommended to open the Contact in a new tab, as we will be returning to the Waitlist entry once the registration has been processed.
- From the Contact's page, [Scroll Down] to the Sales Order related list.
- From the Sales Order related list, [Click] the Rapid Order Entry button. This will open the Rapid Order Entry page.
- From the Rapid Order Entry page, in the Item Quick Add field, [Search & Select] the Event's Ticket Type the Contact wants to purchase.
- Once the Ticket Type is selected, [Click] the Add to Order button.
- Next to the Process Payment field, [Click] Go to process the payment.
- From the Process Payment page, [Enter] the Contact's payment information and when completed, [Click] Process Payment button.
- After the payment has processed, [Return] to the Contact's Waitlist record. This is the Waitlist Entry accessed in the earlier in this process.
- From the Waitlist Entry Detail page, next to the Contact field, [Click] Edit.
- In the Information section, in the Status picklist, [Select] Registered.
- [Click] Save.
- The Waitlisted record will now display as registered and the Contact will be added to the Attendee related list.