Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Students have the skills to strategically analyze business situations in an integrated, multi-disciplinary way and recommend solutions.
- Students recognize the importance of and engage in multi-disciplinary problem solving.
- Students develop and justify strategic recommendations that indicate the integration of a variety of business functions.
Goal 2: Students understand team dynamics and are effective team members and leaders.
- Students identify characteristics of team members and explain their implications for leadership, communication styles, decision making, and team dynamics.
- Students evaluate team performance effectiveness and functioning.
- Students assess the organizational culture and develop a change management plan.
Goal 3: Students incorporate strategic considerations in decision-making and develop an organization's grand strategy.
- Students recognize strategic dilemmas in business situations.
- Students select solutions when presented with strategic dilemmas and discuss the consequences of those solutions.
- Students assess the organization's vision/mission, opportunities/threats, and strengths/weaknesses.
- Students design structures, processes, controls, and performance management systems to implement grand strategy.
- Students identify ethical issues and discuss the personal and organizational consequences of different courses of action
- Students develop a plan to address an ethical challenge and clearly defend the implications of the plan
The assessment portfolio linked below contains the program's curriculum maps, rubrics, and other important assessment documents. The folder serves as a central location where program committee members can visit to keep track of assessment-related items and tasks.