MS in Real Estate
Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Ethics: Our graduates will possess effective, ethical and socially responsible critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Our students will:
- Recognize and assess ethical dilemmas in business situations and pursue creative solutions with integrity, stewardship, courage, and compassion.
- Evaluate the impact of business decisions on society at large, as well as their client and company, and take actions of mutual benefit.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and reports that are clear, concise, and analytical, with appropriate use of visual aids.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills in a team setting.
- Define key components of another country's business environment and give examples of how it differs from the domestic market.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of real estate investment and finance, including public and private equity and debt.
- Deploy technical, quantitative, and software modeling skills to assess the value of real estate assets, deals, and transactions.
- Perform site, public policy, market, financial, and construction analyses to propose and defend a real estate investment proposal.
- Analyze a firm's financial statement to assess its financial health, performance, and future prospects including valuation methods and credit analysis.
- Summarize and interpret common legal issues in commercial real estate.
- Use appropriate tools to make effective real estate based asset investment decisions in analyzing securities and strategies for constructing portfolios.
- Synthesize and successfully apply their real estate knowledge in a client-based project.
The assessment portfolio linked below contains the program's curriculum maps, rubrics, and other important assessment documents. The folder serves as a central location where program committee members can visit to keep track of assessment-related items and tasks.