Annual Assessment Reports
Annual assessment reports can be thought of the second-to-last step in the assessment process, or the "Analyze" step. Reports occur in spring term when the new calendar year begins and are conducted on the calendar year cycle for the previous year. Therefore, they will be distributed to program chairs and academic directors in February in order to analyze data from the previous year. Program chairs and academic directors will be emailed any assessment data from the previous year and instructions on how to complete the report.
The Purpose of Annual Assessment Reports
Several different components go into each assessment report. Within the template, programs are asked several questions to better understand the assessment process within each program. Some of the tasks within the assessment report ask program chairs and academic directors to summarize their assessment findings from the past year, to review their curriculum map and assessment plan, to analyze which program learning outcomes were met, to discuss indirect assessment, to discuss areas of improvement, and to discuss any changes made to the program from last year. All of these questions are important because it helps the program understand where students are exceeding or struggling, perceptions of the program from students and faculty members, and ultimately if changes should be made to the program.
Overview of Assessment Report Cycle
Assessment is conducted each term for each program.
February of Following Year
Assessment reports for prior year are distributed in LiveText to program chairs and academic directors.
Reports are reviewed by assessment team using report rubrics.
Assessment team meets with committee to return rubrics and plan for next year.
How to Complete an Annual Assessment Report
Instructions specific to each individual program will be emailed to each program chair or academic director; however, the instructions linked below could also be useful to better understand how to navigate LiveText's Assessment Insight System (AIS).
There are a few things to note before getting started with an assessment report:
- The Assessment Insight System, or AIS, works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- If any assessment data was collected for the year in review, it is handy to have this data that was emailed to you out in Excel (by downloading the document in the upper right-hand corner of the Google document) at the same time as completing the report.
- Please login at livetext.com using the username and password you created. If you do not have an account, please notify the assessment team.
- Once you log in, click "AIS" in the upper left-hand corner and you will find your report
- Always click the green save button at the top right corner of the report before exiting out of the window, otherwise any entered data will be lost.