MS in Applied Finance
Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1 Ethics: Students incorporate ethical considerations in decision‐making.
- Students are able to recognize ethical dilemmas in business situations.
- Students can select solutions when presented with ethical dilemmas and discuss the consequences of those solutions.
Goal 2 Communication: Students have satisfactory communication skills, both orally and in writing, to persuasively and professionally articulate their quantitative analyses.
- Students will be able to prepare and deliver a persuasive, professional speech on a current topic in their discipline.
- Students will be able to prepare a written report analyzing a business problem.
Goal 3 Finance: Students have the skills necessary to fully analyze the financial standing of a company.
- Students can perform a full accounting analysis of a company.
- Students can assess how the external economic environment affects firm performance.
- Students can perform a full financial analysis of a company.
- Students can effectively draw conclusions about the financial status of a company based on the combined accounting and financial information.
The assessment portfolio linked below contains the program's curriculum maps, rubrics, and other important assessment documents. The folder serves as a central location where program committee members can visit to keep track of assessment-related items and tasks.