Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1 Teams: Students are effective team players
- Students are able to effectively work with a team environment.
- Students participate in all aspects of team development.
Goal 2 Ethics: Students incorporate ethical considerations in decision-making.
- Students are able to recognize ethical dilemmas in business situations.
- Students can select solutions when presented with ethical dilemmas and discuss the consequences of those solutions.
Goal 3 Communication: Students have the communication skills to persuasively and professionally articulate their thinking.
- Students will be able to prepare and deliver a persuasive, professional speech on a current topic in their discipline.
- Students will be able to prepare a written report analyzing a business problem.
Goal 4 Finance: Students have the skills necessary to fully analyze the financial standing of a company.
- Students can perform a full accounting analysis of a company.
- Students can assess how the external economic environment affects firm performance.
- Students can perform a full financial analysis of a company.
- Students can effectively draw conclusions about the financial status of a company based on the combined accounting and financial information.
Goal 5: Graduates will have a global orientation (IMBA only)
- Our students will be able to define and present key elements of another culture (other than the US) and their role in business decision making.
- Our students will be able to evaluate the economic conditions and forces affecting the introduction of a product or service in a foreign country.
- Our Students will be able to evaluate the political risks involving international business in a foreign country.
The assessment portfolio linked below contains the program's curriculum maps, rubrics, and other important assessment documents. The folder serves as a central location where program committee members can visit to keep track of assessment-related items and tasks.