Employee Referral Program
Pepperdine is looking for talented employees to join our community, and you can help!
If you know someone who would appreciate and contribute to the mission, culture, and
work of Pepperdine, you have the chance to earn a referral bonus of $500.
How it Works
- To refer a candidate, please complete an Employee Referral Form.
- If your referred candidate receives an offer, ask them to list you as the referring party on their electronic onboarding form. Human Resources will send you an email confirming your successful referral.
- Once the candidate has been employed at Pepperdine for 90 days, you will receive another
email from Human Resources confirming your referral bonus, followed by an additional
payment of $500 (less applicable taxes) on your next paycheck.
Referral Award Eligibility and Program Details
- All regular (non-temporary, non-adjunct) Pepperdine staff and faculty are eligible to receive a referral bonus, with the exception of managers with hiring authority over a referred candidate.
- Employees hired within the past 90 days do not qualify to submit referrals.
- Referred candidates must be hired for full-time (30+ hours/week), non-temporary staff positions posted on jobs.pepperdine.edu.
- Payment will be given to the referring employee once the candidate has successfully completed 90 days of employment at Pepperdine.
- Positions in which recruitment is being managed by a third-party search firm (as stated in the job posting) are ineligible for referral bonuses under the program.
- Temporary or contract workers hired to perform work at Pepperdine through a third-party company cannot be referred as part of the program.
- The referral bonus may not be awarded retroactively.
- Employees cannot receive a referral bonus for referring an existing Pepperdine employee.
- Referrals for previous Pepperdine employees who have worked at the University within 12 months of the referral date may not be referred through the program.
- All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with University policies and procedures. Only candidates who meet the essential qualifications for the position will be considered.
- In the event that two Pepperdine employees refer the same applicant, the employee whose Employee Referral Form has the earlier submission (date and time stamp) will receive the referral bonus if the candidate is hired.
- To be eligible for the referral bonus, the referring employee must be an active Pepperdine employee at the time the referred employee has completed their initial 90 days of employment.
NOTE: The Employee Referral Program is contingent upon the available budget and may be subject to change at any time. Human Resources will fund and administer the program and communicate any changes.