Tuition Remission and Exchange Programs
University employees and their families are eligible to take advantage of the world-class education Pepperdine offers. Learn more about eligibility, tuition discount levels, and reciprocal programs below.
Pepperdine's Tuition Remission Program
One great advantage of working in higher education is the access to a wealth of concentrated knowledge in the form of distinguished faculty, prominent guests, groundbreaking research, thoughtful discussions, and vast libraries. Pepperdine University is pleased to extend to qualified employees and their dependents one of its most generous benefits of continued education through the faculty/staff tuition remission program.
Pepperdine encourages persistent growth and development of its employees and offers a substantial reduction in cost to those who pursue a degree from one of its five schools. Should employees choose to continue their professional development by working toward a degree, the University hopes faculty and staff members will use this opportunity to enhance their contributions at Pepperdine by applying their learning to the workplace.
Who can use the benefit?
Pepperdine faculty and staff, their spouses, and dependents who are 25 years of age and younger. The student must apply and be accepted to study at Pepperdine University before a discount will be given.
To qualify to receive this benefit, the employee must meet both of the following requirements:
- Be a regular full-time member of the faculty who has been assigned a full load of
teaching or equivalent service during two or more trimesters/semesters of the academic
Be a regular full-time staff member who is continuously employed in a regular full-time position requiring at least forty (40) hours of work per week.
- Be actively employed (not on a formal leave status).
What is my benefit?
- Fifty percent (50%) tuition remission on courses taken in the University's undergraduate programs with an additional 5% per year of service (in an eligible position) to a maximum of 100%.
- Twenty-five percent (25%) tuition remission on courses taken in the University's graduate programs with an additional 5% per year of service (in an eligible position) to a maximum of 75%.
- For employees only, 100% tuition remission in the "space available program" in the Graziadio School of Business and Management's fully employed MBA and BSM programs limited to one course per trimester provided all program enrollment and participation requirements are met.
Please Note: Fees (such as registration, course fees, and room and board) are not covered by the tuition remission program. Taxes on graduate courses apply; please speak with a Payroll representative to learn of possible tax implications.
What degrees are offered at Pepperdine University?
For questions or further information about all available degrees, please speak with the school's appropriate admission representative or visit its admissions webpage.
- Graduate School of Education and Psychology Admissions
- Graziadio Business School Admissions
- Caruso School of Law Admissions
- School of Public Policy Admissions
- Seaver College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences Admissions
Reciprocal Tuition Remission Program
The University has entered into an agreement with the following Churches of Christ colleges and universities whereby qualifying children of eligible Pepperdine employees may receive a 50% discount:
- Abilene Christian University (Abilene, Texas)
- David Lipscomb University (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Faulkner University (Montgomery, Alabama)
- Freed-Hardeman College (Henderson, Tennessee)
- Harding University (Searcy, Arkansas)
- Lubbock Christian University (Lubbock, Texas)
- Oklahoma Christian University (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Regular employees with assignments of thirty (30) or more hours per week are eligible upon completion of one (1) year of employment. Interested employees may contact Human Resources for a complete list of student eligibility requirements, procedures and participating institutions. Please consult the complete text of the reciprocal agreement for statements of qualifications, benefits and limitations. Copies of the agreement are available in Human Resources or Financial Aid.
Tuition Exchange Program
The Tuition Exchange is a reciprocal scholarship program for children of eligible faculty and staff employed at over 560 participating institutions. The program is based on participating employees at other universities and at Pepperdine relinquishing their tuition remission benefit to attend other colleges. The scholarships are not guaranteed and each university limits the number of tuition exchange scholarships awarded each year. Tuition Exchange preliminary applications should be submitted no later than December of the student's high school senior year. Contact email@example.com for the form. For complete information on this program, please visit www.tuitionexchange.org.