Faculty and Staff Benefit Package
Employee Benefits Website: mybenefits.pepperdine.edu
Pepperdine University provides a set of fixed benefits called "core benefits." Core benefits are the same for all participating employees. The core benefits ensure that every eligible faculty and staff member has a basic level of health and welfare coverage such as life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability income protection, and psychological counseling services. Current employees can find specific plan documents related to each benefit on the Employee Benefits Website.
Your Core benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Program
Your choice of medical benefits include:
- Anthem PPO HSA Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Advantage HMO
- Anthem Vivity HMO
- Kaiser Health Plan HMO
You may elect optional coverage for:
- Dental Care
- Delta Dental PPO Plan
- DeltaCare HMO Plan
- Vision Care (VSP)
- Optional Term Life Insurance
- MetLife Critical Illness Plan
- MetLife Group Accident Plan
- MetLife Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- MetLaw Pre-paid Legal Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (covering unreimbursed Health and Dependent Care expenses).
- VPI Pet Insurance
- Child Care Subsidy Grant Program
- Tuition Assistance and Tuition Exchange Program
- Volunteer Leave
- Credit Union Membership
- Competitive retirement plan
- Service awards
- Wellness Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Various discounts at LA-area businesses
- Free Parking
- On-site fitness and dining facilities
Active, regularly assigned, full-time staff employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week (except where applicable law requires a lesser number of hours) may be eligible for the following Staff benefits. Some benefits may be pro-rated based on the number of hours worked.
Faculty members should refer to the current Faculty Handbook, University Benefit Plan documents, and/or individual contractual obligations for specific information concerning their employment-related benefits. Active, regularly assigned, full-time faculty including all faculty employed under a regular (non-adjunct) faculty contract, serving in at least a three quarters-time appointment (.75 FTE) during the period from August through April of each year, are eligible for these benefits. Faculty members working less than the required time should contact Human Resources for a summary of applicable benefits.
For more information, contact Human Resources.