Faculty and Staff Benefit Package
Health Care Reform
Benefits Website: mybenefits.pepperdine.edu
Pepperdine University provides a set of fixed benefits called "core benefits." Core benefits are the same for all participating employees. The core benefits ensure that every eligible faculty and staff member has a basic level of health and welfare coverage such as life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability income protection, and psychological counseling services.
Your core benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Program
Your choice of medical benefits include:
- Anthem Health Savings Account (HSA) 1500/3000 10/30 High Deductible Health Plan, a High Deductible Health Plan (hereinafter Blue Cross HDHP)
- Anthem Blue Cross HMO, a Health Maintenance Organization (Advantage HMO) **New 1/5/2017**
- Anthem Blue Cross EPO, a Prudent Buyer Exclusive Plan (Blue Cross EPO) **New 1/5/2017**
- Blue Cross BlueCard (out of state) Summary
- Blue Cross Fee for Service (out of country) Summary
- Kaiser Health Plan HMO, a Health Maintenance Organization
You may elect optional coverage for:
- Dental Care
- Vision Care (VSP)
- Optional Term Life Insurance
- MetLife Critical Illness Plan
- MetLife Group Accident Plan
- MetLife Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance **New 8/1/2014**
- MetLaw Pre-paid Legal Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (covering unreimbursed Health and Dependent Care expenses).
- VPI Pet Insurance
- Tuition Assistance and Tuition Exchange Program
- Spiritual Leave/Sabbatical
- Credit Union Membership
- Competitive retirement plan
- Service awards
- Wellness Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Various discounts at LA-area businesses
- Free Parking
- On-site fitness and dining facilities
Active, regularly assigned, full-time staff employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week (except where applicable law requires a lesser number of hours) may be eligible for the following Staff benefits. Some benefits may be pro-rated based on number of hours worked.
Faculty members should refer to the current Faculty Handbook, University Benefit Plan documents, and/or individual contractual obligations for specific information concerning their employment-related benefits. Active, regularly assigned, full-time faculty including all faculty employed under a regular (non-adjunct) faculty contract, serving in at least a half-time appointment (.5 FTE) during the period from August through April of each year, are eligible for these benefits. Faculty members working less than the required time should contact Human Resources for a summary of applicable benefits.
For more information, contact Human Resources.