Becoming a Coordinator
If you loved serving as an orientation leader and would like to help mentor and guide
the new leaders, consider applying to serve as an orientation coordinator. There are
approximately 6-8 positions available. You must have served as an Orientation Leader to apply to be an Orientation Coordinator.
Please note: Due to schedule conflicts, you are unable to participate as an OC if you are selected for the following positions: RA, SLA, Student Programming Board, SGA Executive Board, PVC, SWAB Executive Board, and ICC Executive Board.
- Must have a GPA of 2.0 or above
- Must be in good standing with the university (not on academic or disciplinary probation)
- Must have previously served as an Orientation Leader or New Student Mentor
- Arrive on Wednesday, August 11 at 5 PM to help prepare for Orientation Leader Training
- Lead the OL training prior to New Student Orientation
- Available for all trainings and New Student Orientation (Wednesday, August 11 - Saturday, August 28)
- Plan and execute Orientation Leader Training
- Encourage and motivate Orientation Leader
- Check new students in for orientation
- Answer parent and students questions
- Support the NSO team by helping implement the orientation schedule
- Be a friendly face and positive presence
- Two 2021-2022 orientation leader shirts
- Meals during training and orientation
- Early access to on-campus housing (if you have an agreement for the Fall Semester)
- Gain leadership skills such as teamwork, communication, and event planning
- Build community prior to the start of the academic year
- Serve your peers
Dates and Deadlines
|Applications Open||Monday, April 5|
|Application Deadline||Monday, April 19 at 11:59 PM (PDT)|
|Rolling Interviews||Thursday, April 15 - Wednesday, April 21|
|OC Training||Wednesday, August 11 (5 PM) - Tuesday, August 17*|
|OL Training||Tuesday, August 17 (2 PM) - Sunday, August 22|
|New Student Orientation||Monday, August 23 - Saturday, August 28|
*There may be an opportunity for Orientation Coordinators to help serve and move in our Year 2/Sophomore students. If you decide to serve both First-Year and Year 2 students, you would likely need to arrive even earlier to participate in any potential Year 2 programming.
There are three steps to follow when applying to be an Orientation Coordinator (OC):
Note: You must have served as an Orientation Leader previously.
- Fill out the online application by clicking the button below, which includes uploading your resume and signing up for an OC interview.
- Obtain a faculty/staff recommendation (by sending this webpage to your faculty/staff recommender and directing them to the "Recommendation Form" button below)
- Complete a 30-minute OC interview, which will take place on Zoom. OC interview sign-ups are included in the OC Application form.