Becoming a Coordinator
If you loved serving as an orientation leader and would like to help mentor and guide
the new leaders, consider applying to serve as an orientation coordinator. There are
approximately 6-8 positions available. You must have served as an Orientation Leader to apply to be an Orientation Coordinator.
Please note: Due to schedule conflicts, you are unable to participate as an OC if you are selected for the following positions: RA, SLA, Student Programming Board, SGA Executive Board, Community Engagement and Service, SWAB Executive Board, and ICC Executive Board.
- Must have a GPA of 2.0 or above
- Must be in good standing with the university (not on academic or disciplinary probation)
- Must have previously served as an Orientation Leader
- Arrive on Sunday, August 14 at 5 PM to help prepare for Orientation Leader Training
- Lead the OL training prior to New Student Orientation
- Available for all trainings (Sunday, August 14-Saturday, August 20) and New Student Orientation (Monday, August 22- Friday, August 26)
- Plan and execute Orientation Leader Training
- Encourage and motivate Orientation Leader
- Check new students in for orientation
- Answer parent and students questions
- Participate in Parent panel during NSO
- Support the NSO team by helping implement the orientation schedule
- Be a friendly face and positive presence
- Two orientation leader shirts
- Meals during training and orientation
- Early access to on-campus housing (if you have an agreement for the Fall Semester)
- Gain leadership skills such as teamwork, communication, and event planning
- Build community prior to the start of the academic year
- Serve your peers
Dates and Deadlines
|Applications Open||Monday, March 7|
|Application Deadline||Friday, March 25|
|Rolling Interviews||Monday, March 14 - Wednesday, March 30|
|OC Training||Sunday, August 14 (5 PM) - Thursday, August 18|
|OL Training||Thursday, August 18 (2 PM) - Saturday August 20|
|New Student Orientation||Monday, August 22 - Saturday, August 26|
There are three steps to follow when applying to be an Orientation Coordinator (OC):
Note: You must have served as an Orientation Leader previously.
- Fill out the online application by clicking the button below, which includes uploading your resume and signing up for an OC interview.
- Obtain a faculty/staff recommendation (by sending this webpage to your faculty/staff recommender and directing them to the "Recommendation Form" button below OR sending recommender this link: https://forms.gle/7d1eUuGBv3L844x59)
- Complete a 30-minute OC interview, which will take place on Zoom. OC interview sign-ups are included in the OC Application form.