SGA 2021-2022 Freshman Senate Election Information
The Pepperdine University Student Government Association (SGA) is excited to inform you about the upcoming election cycle. Important dates and information needed to run for a position and make a difference on-campus by being a part of SGA.
Fellow Waves, RUN FOR A POSITION!
Pepperdine SGA is a great opportunity to get involved in the Pepperdine community. SGA is dedicated to providing the students of Pepperdine University with quality representation through innovative advocacy programs. When a need arises we strive not to just pass that concern on to the administration, but to create and implement real solutions for the student body. Governed by an elected executive board, class presidents, senators, and appointed directors, SGA has several committees that work with administrators, faculty, and staff across the University to address student needs.
SGA Senate Meetings are scheduled for 8-10 AM (PDT) on Wednesday mornings. If you are running for an SGA position, please make sure you are available on Wednesday mornings. If you have a class conflict, we encourage you to see if another section is offered at a different time. For questions, contact the SGA VP of Administration, SGAAdminVP@pepperdine.edu.
Freshman Class Senate
- (1) Freshman Class President
- (3) Freshman Senators
- Interest Meeting: Thursday, September 2 at 6:30 PM in the Light House
- Strongly encouraged for anyone considering a position in SGA.
- Candidates Meeting: Wednesday, September 8 at 8 AM in Thornton Administration Center (TAC) Room 100
- This meeting is mandatory for all candidates who are running.
- Election Day: Wednesday, September 15 at 8 AM - Thursday, September 16 at 8 AM
- Elections on Peppervine.
- Runoff Election Day: Wednesday, September 22 at 8 AM - Thursday, September 23 at 8
- A runoff election is only held if needed.
- SGA Retreat: Friday, Sept. 24 - Sunday, Sept. 26
- Required for all members of SGA.
All times are in PDT.
SGA 2021-2022 Election Packets for Freshman Senate are available now:
Election Packet for Freshman Class Senate
Election Candidate Petition & Profile Forms
For Petition for Candidacy forms please contact the VP of Administration, Clara Fermanian, SGAadminVP@pepperdine.edu. Please fill out the Profile Form BEFORE the Candidates Meeting on September 7 at 8 AM.
For more information about each position, see the SGA Constitution.
Please direct any questions about elections to VP of Administration at SGAadminVP@pepperdine.edu.