SGA 2021-2022 Election Information
The Pepperdine University Student Government Association (SGA) is excited to inform you about the upcoming election cycle. Important dates and information needed to run for a position and make a difference on-campus by being a part of SGA.
Fellow Waves, RUN FOR A POSITION!
Pepperdine SGA is a great opportunity to get involved in the Pepperdine community. SGA is dedicated to providing the students of Pepperdine University with quality representation through innovative advocacy programs. When a need arises we strive not to just pass that concern on to the administration, but to create and implement real solutions for the student body. Governed by an elected executive board, class presidents, senators, and appointed directors, SGA has several committees that work with administrators, faculty, and staff across the University to address student needs.
SGA Senate Meetings are scheduled for 8-10 AM (PDT) on Wednesday mornings. If you are running for an SGA position, please make sure you are available on Wednesday mornings. If you have a class conflict, we encourage you to see if another section is offered at a different time. For questions, contact the SGA VP of Administration, SGAAdminVP@pepperdine.edu.
Executive Board Positions
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of Administration
- Vice President of Finance
- (1) Senior Class President
- (3) Senior Senators
- (1) Junior Class President
- (3) Junior Senators
- (1) Sophomore Class President
- (3) Sophomore Class Senators
Incoming Freshman will elect their class president and senators during the Fall semester. For more information about each position, see the SGA Constitution.
- Wednesday, April 7 (9 AM): Information Session (strongly encouraged for anyone considering a position in SGA) Meeting Zoom Link
- Wednesday, April 14 (9 AM): Candidates Meeting (mandatory meeting for all candidates who are running) Meeting Zoom Link
- Friday, April 16 (4 PM): Presidential Debate
- Wednesday, April 21 (8 AM) - Thursday, April 22 (8 AM): Elections (on Peppervine)
- Wednesday, April 28 (8 AM) - Thursday, April 29 (8 AM): Runoff Elections (only if needed)
- Friday, Sept. 24 - Sunday, Sept. 26: SGA Senate Retreat (tentative dates)
All times are in PDT.
SGA 2021-2022 Election Packets for both Senate and Executive Board Candidates are available now:
Election Candidate Petition & Profile Forms
For Petition for Candidacy forms please contact the VP of Administration, Addison Hardin, SGAadminVP@pepperdine.edu. Please fill out the below Profile Form by the Candidate meeting on April 14 at 9 AM.
Please direct any questions about elections to VP of Administration at SGAadminVP@pepperdine.edu.