Faculty Professional Development
Faculty Professional Development, or "FacProfDev," is a program proudly offered by the Technology and Learning team. Its aim is to educate, prepare, and equip professors with the tools and skills to effectively integrate technology into the curriculum. We offer these programs with attention on active learning, student engagement, and efficient course management.
In each program, participants are introduced to a variety of tools and technologies. Special emphasis is placed on selecting a good fit: the appropriate solution for each learning outcome. Time is built into the program to allow one-on-one interaction to better tailor a professor's understanding of how a specific tool or service may assist them given their teaching style or delivery method. Additional one-on-one consultation services are offered by the Technology and Learning team to all professors at any time during the year.
- 2019 TechLearn Faculty Conference
- Webinar Series
- Flipped Classroom Certificate
- Hybrid Teaching Certificate
- 2018 Flipped Teaching Certificate: In summer 2018, the Technology and Learning team invited faculty to a four-day certificate program focused on flipped classroom and backwards design pedagogies. Participants experienced active learning and collaboration with their peers to design approaches that suited their discipline.
- FPD Nano: In spring 2017, the Technology and Learning team announced our FPD pilot program called "FPD Nano" -- a microlearning training experience built around faculty from the ground up.
- Previous "FacProfDev" sessions.