Spam Filtering at Pepperdine
Email spam is loosely defined as any unsolicited message sent out to multiple recipients, typically unsolicited advertising (phishing is different and more dangerous). Pepperdine University students and colleagues benefit from two spam filtering methods: G Suite spam filtering and Sophos Email Appliance spam filtering via spamfilter.pepperdine.edu. Both methods of spam filtering are managed as part of the service catalog of the Information Security Office.
- Spam filtered by G Suite will be deposited in your "Spam" folder (aka Label) of your email client or web browser.
- Spam filtered by Sophos Email Appliance will be blocked and listed in your daily "Quarantined and bulk messages" email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student, colleague and mass-mailer info for working with spamfilter.pepperdine.edu spam filtering.
- Student and colleague info for working with Google spam filtering - from Google and from an email tip website.
- Mass-mailer info for working with Google spam filtering.
- Learn skills to protect yourself and the University from dangerous phishing emails.
Log in to spamfilter.pepperdine.edu to:
- review or release blocked messages
- customize settings
- block/unblock specific addresses
- turn "Quarantined and bulk messages" email notices on or off