Waves Cash Web Deposit FAQ
Waves Cash Web Deposit is a secure online way to add points (1 point = 1 dollar) to your Pepperdine ID Card.
NOTE: Money added to ID cards can ONLY be used for meals at the campus cafeteria locations, prints, and photocopies. Funds CANNOT be applied toward tuition, housing, student accounts or other meal plans.
Find Your Campus ID Number
Using Credit Cards/Check Cards
- Which credit cards are accepted?
- Are debit cards accepted?
- How will deposit transactions be reflected in my credit card statement?
- Are there fees associated with using my credit card to make a deposit?
- Are other payment methods available to make a web deposit?
Guest Access and Gift Deposits from Family/ Friends
- Can Pepperdine Guests/Campus Visitors use this system?
- Can friends and family deposit directly into my account?
Using Pepperdine University Credit Cards (Faculty/Staff Only)
- Is Pepperdine University's Travel & Entertainment credit card accepted?
- Is Pepperdine University's Purchasing Card accepted?
University Waves Cash Plans
- What are Waves Cash Global Dollars?
- What plan are my deposits reflected in?
- Can I deposit to other meal plans?
Minimum Deposit Amount and Frequency
- What is the minimum deposit amount students, faculty, and staff can make?
- What is the minimum deposit amount public patrons or visitors can make?
- Is there a limit to the number of deposits?
- Are transactions secure?
Other Ways to Add Money to Your Campus ID Card
- Will the Cashier's Office continue to accept cash or check as deposits to my Pepperdine ID Card? (Faculty and staff only)
- Will students continue to be able to add points to their Pepperdine ID cards through OneStop?
- Can I make a deposit if I can't log in or if CAS is down?
- How do I process a refund from my Pepperdine ID card (Waves Cash Global) account?
- Do the funds on a Pepperdine ID card account expire?
- How long does the refund process take?
Replacement Card Information
- How do I report a lost/stolen ID card?
- Where do I go to get a replacement ID card?
- Is there a fee for replacement cards?
MasterCard and Visa only.
Yes, only if the debit card is a "check card." Debit cards require a PIN number. Check cards can be used as either a debit or credit card. Only MasterCard and Visa check cards are accepted.
For students, faculty and staff, this is a free service. You will only be charged for the actual amount deposited. For visitors such as public library patrons, there is a $0.50 convenience fee assessed per transaction.
Each deposit transaction will be have a description "Pepperdine IT One Card" and the actual amount of deposit.
All web deposits are reflected in the Waves Cash Global plan. Money added to Waves Cash Global can ONLY be used for meals at the campus cafeteria locations, prints, and photocopies. Funds CANNOT be applied toward student accounts or other meal plans.
However, if you use other plans that are food-specific (Waves Cash or Waves Cash Plus), you can view them inside the online system. Please note that card holders can no longer add points to Waves Cash Plus.
Waves Cash Global dollars are universal points that can ONLY be used for meals, printing and copying at any Pepperdine University campuses in Southern California. Waves Cash Global is the only plan available to receive deposits via the Internet. Funds CANNOT be applied toward student accounts or other meal plans.
No. Please visit OneStop to purchase additional points if you currently have a meal plan.
The minimum deposit amount is $5 per transaction. Even though this online service is free to students, faculty, and staff, there are transaction fees that Information Technology is absorbing as a cost of doing business. To minimize these costs, the minimum deposit amount is set at $5.
The minimum deposit amount is $1 per transaction. There is a $0.50 convenience fee assessed per transaction.
Yes. For public patrons or visitors who need to access Pepperdine's printing and copying facilities, a community user card can be obtained from the computer lab or library reference desk and value can be added to the card via the Waves Cash Web Deposit program. For these users, the minimum deposit amount is $1. Deposits can be added to the card in $1 increments and there is a $0.50 convenience fee per transaction charged to the user.
Yes. A separate and unique Internet address is created for each student, faculty and staff. This link can be located by clicking the "Invite to Deposit" link on the left navigation pane. Give the address to the person you would like to deposit money into your account. REMEMBER: Money added to ID cards can ONLY be used for meals at the campus cafeteria locations, prints, and photocopies. Funds CANNOT be applied toward tuition, housing, student accounts or other meal plans.
Yes. All online deposit transactions are encrypted using the latest secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. SSL is the industry standard for secure commerce transactions. Your personal information, including credit card number, name and address, is protected as it travels over the Internet. For more information, go to http://www.cbord.com/about/privacy/.
The CWID is a unique 9-digit number issued to each student, faculty and staff. It is located at the bottom on the backside of the Pepperdine ID Card.
Will the Cashier's Office continue to accept cash or check as deposits to my Pepperdine ID Card? (Faculty and staff only)
No. Effective March 1, 2011, the Cashier's Office will discontinue this service. All deposits to Pepperdine ID cards will be handled through Waves Cash Web Deposit.
Yes. If the campus Central Authentication System (CAS) is down, you will not be able to check your campus ID card account balance, however, you can still make deposits to your account. Visit https://webdeposit.pepperdine.edu and select "GUEST DEPOSIT" located in the left navigation pane and enter your 9-digit Campus Wide Identification (CWID) number. Your CWID number is located on the backside of your Pepperdine ID card.
To process a refund from your Pepperdine ID card (Waves Cash Global) account, fill out a Technology Service Request form.
- Any refund under $300 will be issued by the Malibu cashier's office. Students will need to submit a request online, receive notification of availability, and then visit the cashier's office in Malibu to pick up their refunds. The cashier's office is open Monday-Friday 8am-3pm.
- Any refund over $300 will be issued via a check. Students will submit a request online and will receive the check within 2-3 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: points/money on a Pepperdine ID card DO EXPIRE, see below for details.
Yes. For students, ID cards expire 90 days after the student's last enrolled semester. For faculty and staff, ID cards expire on termination of employment. Refunds cannot be obtained after the expiration of the ID card.
This depends on the amount being refunded. If your refund is under $300, you can pick it up at the Malibu cashier's office within a week, once you get notification of availability. If your refund is over $300, you will receive a mailed check which can take up to 3 weeks to process.
If a card is lost or stolen, visit webdeposit.pepperdine.edu and login your account and click "Report A Lost Card" on the left navigation pane.
Students go to the OneStop office located on the second floor of the Thornton Administrative Center to obtain a replacement card. Faculty and staff go to the Center for Human Resources department located on first floor of the Thornton Administrative Center. Once replaced, the old card is immediately voided.
Damaged cards will be replaced free of charge; you must exchange the damaged card for a new one. There is a $15 fee to get a replacement card for an ID that has been lost or stolen. Once replaced, the old card is immediately voided.