Pepperdine University's IT Training team offers training across a range of topics via group training, self-paced training, video/Zoom training, as well as a number of third-party opportunities including an extensive library of topics through LinkedIn Learning. Check out the IT Training Calendar for more information.
Sign up for Instructor-Led Staff & Faculty Training
For questions about Custom Group Training for staff teams, enrollment requests for self-paced training courses created by IT Training, or general questions about technology training, contact IT.Training@pepperdine.edu.
Self-Paced Video Training
These are video links that offer training information on how to use the tools offered by Pepperdine University.
Additional Training Opportunities
These are trusted third-party guides and training courses on how to use some of the most common tools Pepperdine University offers.
PeopleSoft Finance/WaveNet Training Course Descriptions
Reallocation is the two-step process of updating the ChartString for each University Credit Card transaction and validating your budget.
- Reallocating monthly expenses
- Updating multiple transactions
- Viewing credit card activity
- Reviewing business processes and time-frames.
Substantiation is the two-step process of documenting all business related expenses under IRS regulations.
- Step-by-step instruction of submitting and approving your monthly credit card statement with receipts
- Using Adobe Acrobat XI to combine receipt files into a single PDF.
This class is recommended for all new University Credit Card holders and/or their proxy.
Pepperdine University will reimburse employees for out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the execution of University business.
This multi-hour, hands-on session includes:
- An exercise in entering an expense report in PeopleSoft with different expense types
- An exercise in downloading and completing the mileage log form
- An exercise in combining pdfs using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Attaching receipts to support the expense
- Plenty of information regarding the do's and dont's of completing an expense report
- A 15-minute break halfway through the session.
Audience: For employees (or their proxy) using the PeopleSoft Travel & Expense module, including personal vehicle mileage reimbursement while traveling on University business.
This training session is recommended for new Requesters and will include the discussion of specific requisition policies and procedures. The hands on session includes:
- Creating a requisition
- Submitting and releasing the requisition for approval
- Attaching supporting documents
- Finding and copying requisitions
- Viewing the Work-flow Status
Audience: For all employees designated as a requester with little or no experience in creating Requisitions the finance system.
Simpler is designed to allow a wide-range of users to retrieve financial information in a user-friendly and easy to read format.
This class is targeted for users who would like a structured hands on training session to learn the Simpler reporting tool and be better equipped in using Simpler for budget balance reports and transaction reports.