Pepperdine Identification Cards
Pepperdine University issues all students, faculty, and staff an identification (ID) card when their association with Pepperdine begins. Everyone must carry their Pepperdine ID card at all times. Student ID cards are valid for seven years. ID cards for faculty and staff are void upon termination of employment. All void ID cards should be returned to the University.
How to Guides
How to Get Your ID Card
Students receive ID cards at New Student Orientation (NSO). The Human Resources department issues Faculty and staff ID cards at time of hire. The first ID card is free. Should a card become damaged, return it to One Stop (students) or the Human Resources department (faculty and staff); and get a new card free of charge. If a card is lost or stolen, there is a $15 fee for the replacement card, payable at the Malibu campus Cashier Office in the Thornton Administrative Center.
The Waves Cash Global Web Deposit at Pepperdine University is a free online service designed to provide students, faculty, and staff the convenience of adding money to their campus ID cards.
Money deposited into Waves Cash Global using pepperdine ID cards can only be used for:
- Meals at Malibu campus cafeteria locations
- Printing at Pepperdine libraries and computer labs
- Photocopies at Pepperdine libraries and computer labs
DO NOT put money on your ID card for tuition, housing, other meal plans or any other student account purposes.
Students, faculty, staff or guests (e.g. parents) can add money to campus card accounts online with a credit or debit card.
Deposits made online are secure and accounts are updated immediately.
The website allows card holders to view their account balances, transaction history, and report a lost or stolen card.
Log into the Waves Cash Global Web Deposit website.
- Visit https://get.cbord.com/pepperdine/full/prelogin.php.
- Click "Deposit to Account" on the left navigation pane.
- Enter the amount to deposit and click "Submit."
- Confirm the recipient and amount to deposit.
- Complete the credit card (Visa and MasterCard only) holder information.
- Enter an email address for the receipt.
- Click "Continue."
- Reconfirm the recipient and amount to deposit.
- Click "Submit Payment" to finalize the deposit transaction.
- Log out and close the browser.
Visit OneStop (Students Only)
- Visit OneStop in the Thornton Administrative Center.
- Payment methods accepted are cash or check.
- Payments are immediately applied to the ID card.
There are two types of funds that may be added to Pepperdine ID cards for use in a debit card fashion. For every dollar that is added, there is one corresponding point on the ID card. Points or Waves Cash from one transaction may not be spread across multiple ID cards.
Waves Cash - any amount of money that may be used for tax-free purchase of FOOD ONLY at any food establishment on Pepperdine's Malibu campus. These points are automatically added to your ID Card by Housing and Residence Life when you choose your room and board plan. Additional points can only be added by purchasing at One Stop.
Waves Cash Global - any amount of money that may be used for tax-free purchase of food at any food establishment on Pepperdine's Malibu campus, photocopies at copiers equipped with a card swipe unit, or printing in Pepperdine computer labs where print stations exist with a card swipe unit. These points can be added anytime, anywhere through Pepperdine's One Card Web Deposit System. NOTE: Money added to ID cards CANNOT be applied toward tuition, housing, student accounts or other meal plans.
Please report all ID card problems to Pepperdine IT Tech Central at 310.506.4357 (HELP).
ID Card Security
Pepperdine University offices verify the identity of students, faculty, and staff prior to issuing an ID card. Each ID card also includes the card owner's photo and a Campus-wide Identification (CWID) number to match the card with the user.
Requesting a Change in Swipe Access
Departmental Office Managers should contact the Help Desk to request changes to building or parking lot swipe access for faculty and staff. Students do not typically need to swipe their ID cards to access University facilities.
Requesting a Refund
To process a refund from your Pepperdine ID card (Waves Cash Global) account, complete a Technology Service Request form.
- Any refund of less than $300 will be issued by the Malibu cashier's office. Students will need to submit a request online, receive notification of availability, and then visit the cashier's office in Malibu to pick up their refunds. The cashier's office is open Monday-Friday 8 AM-3 PM.
- Any refund of more than $300 will be issued via a check. Students will submit a request online and will receive the check within 2-3 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: Points/money on a Pepperdine ID card DO EXPIRE. See the Web Deposit FAQ for more details.