BrowserCheck by Qualys
The most effective defense is the keep your computer up-to-date with the latest security patches. Use the "Check Your Browser Now" button above, install the plug-in in your browser, and let BrowserCheck help keep your machine invulnerable to cyber attacks.
The Information Security Office recommends BrowserCheck by Qualys as a user friendly self-service security check and update method.
Working with BrowserCheck
- You may be asked to install a plug-in for BrowserCheck; this is safe and gives much better results and security.
- You may be asked to add Qualys to your list of trusted sites; this is safe and is required by Internet Explorer and some other security models to enable the plug-in (add https://browsercheck.qualys.com as a Trusted Site in IE to let the BrowserCheck work properly. Tools->Internet Options->Security->Trusted Sites->Sites)
- ISO recommends you make BrowserCheck your home page. Be safe every time!
More about BrowserCheck
- Gathers no personal data, sends no spam to you.
- Cross-platform & Cross-browser - the way things should be done!
- We are using the "Business Edition" that gives us anonymized statistics about browser brand, version and plug-ins, as well as data on vulnerabilities. This helps us know how the Pepperdine community is doing without detailed tracking to maintain Internet security.
- Qualys' Frequently Asked Questions provides lots of detailed information about support and what BrowserCheck does.