Google Mail Offline
Google Mail provides you with the ability to read and respond to emails without an active internet connection when signed in with the Google Chrome browser. Any messages that you send while offline will be stored and sent when you reconnect to the internet.
Install the Gmail Offline app
To activate Google Mail Offline, please follow the instructions below:
- Sign into your Pepperdine Google Mail account using the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the gear icon in the right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- From the navigation bar, choose Offline and click Install Gmail Offline.
- Select Add To Chrome.
- After the app is installed, an Gmail Offline icon should automatically appear on your Google Chrome app page. Click the Gmail Offline icon ...
- Select Allow offline mail and click Continue.
- From now on your Google Mail account will sync with your computer, allowing you to access your mail while offline.
- Dowload the Gmail Offline Sync Optimizer for Chrome for even faster syncing.
For more details on Gmail Offline, syncing between offline/online and uninstalling the app, please visit the Google Help Center.